Car Rental at the Pier

jim in cleveland

From all of the comments that I've seen posted here on the board, I'd say that Best Deal and Arthurs Rentals have the most overall positive comments for pier rentals.

Our personal favorite for a car rental on St. Maarten is Prince Rentals, but they focus on overnight and weekly stays. They may have a one-day car available at the pier.

thanks!

Now all we have to do is find a great restaurant that is open for lunch on Sunday!

And if not --- WE'RE GOING TO A RIB SHACK

Shouldn't be a problem finding a restaurant -- what are you looking for in food and we'll provide suggestions, but I might go for the RIB SHACK as a first choice.

Our personal favorite for good food and excellent location would be M's B's on Dawn Beach, but our absolute favorite for the best ribs on the island is the Lido Parking Lot!

Gtaylor --- your photos of Beachside Villas bring back WONDERFUL memories. We stayed there about 10 years ago. Also stayed at a large private villa and a few other places. Have not been back to the wonderful Island for about 5 years. We will be in SXM for only one day on a Sunday. We probably will end up at M's B's, the Grand Case shacks, or Kon Tiki on Orient. Are you aware of any French restaurants that are open for lunch on Sunday?

Thanks,

Jim

I guess a lot depends on when your Sunday happens. If soon, I'd bet that most French-side restaurants will be open, especially if there is more than one cruise ship in.

Remember that the dollar is really in the pits, and French-side prices are in Euros. That could make for an expensive lunch. SOME restaurants are offering prices at par IF you pay in cash dollars, but I'd suggest that you ask if you're planning on having an expensive meal.

I'd personally plan on having ribs and some cheap beers. We took some friends on their first cruise last year, also first trip to the Caribbean, and it was Ribs Around the Island.

Fancy meals are available on the ship.

Beachside Villas is a great place. That was our first, but not last stay there. Yolanda and her crew do a GREAT job.

We were just in St Martin on Jan 24th and rented from Arthur's. It was a wonderful experience!! Arthur picked us up at the peir. He has recently relocated to an office nearly across the street from the pier. We rented a midsize Toyota for the day with insurance for $59. We had to put $10 in gas in after driving the entire island.

Arthur took our picture (group of 4) and emailed it to us as a reminder of our trip. He was wonderful and I highly recommend his service!!

Laura

Shouldn't be a problem finding a restaurant -- what are you looking for in food and we'll provide suggestions, but I might go for the RIB SHACK as a first choice.

Our personal favorite for good food and excellent location would be M's B's on Dawn Beach, but our absolute favorite for the best ribs on the island is the Lido Parking Lot!

Where is the Lido? Also did anyone try the Conch?

Archived