Azura canaries cruise a011 august 2010

Hello everyone ,this is my first time on this forum so please be gentle with me .I was wondering if anyone could recommend shore excursions, or point out ones to avoid for Madeira, La Palma , Gran Canaria , Tenerife ,Lisbon, and Vigo.Having been on two previous P & O cruises, Norway, and Western Med , I have found some excursions to be a little lacking and even boring and think that the details on the cruise personaliser do not paint all of the picture. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone ,this is my first time on this forum so please be gentle with me .I was wondering if anyone could recommend shore excursions, or point out ones to avoid for Madeira, La Palma , Gran Canaria , Tenerife ,Lisbon, and Vigo.Having been on two previous P & O cruises, Norway, and Western Med , I have found some excursions to be a little lacking and even boring and think that the details on the cruise personaliser do not paint all of the picture. :confused:

Hi

It would be useful to know a bit about the sorts of things you like to do, sightseeing versus water parks for example, and then we may be able to advise you.

We're doing a Canaries cruise on Azura but not until October:( - have a fab time.

Debbie:)

Lisbon is easy to DIY. If you can, do get up early for the sail-in under the bridge. It was unforgettable. It looks like the ship is only just going to get under it, and the roar of the traffic above at 6.30am as the ship glides under is spooky.

p5220034.jpg

You can take the free shuttle to the square and buy tickets for the 2 hr tram tours around the city,

p5220010.jpg

then later walk the city yourself exploring and have lunch.

Tenerife - We have been there twice on cruises, once went to Playa de las Americas for a good old beach day, have the white sands and palm trees here and beachside restaurants and lots of shops. PandO do a 'on your own' coach only trip here, so you can take it easy, have some sun and a beer. We also went the following time to Puerto de la Cruz, on the other side of the Island, and had a great day wondering around, shopping and stopping for lunch. Depends if you want a easy relaxing day or visit Aa waterpark or see Teide National park etc.

One place we did not enjoy was at Vigo we went to Santiago de Compostela, it poured with rain 1/4hr after we left a sunny port in Spain, so we were well and truly caught out, it rained heavily all day and all i had was a vest top and skirt on -got soaked, the town is very religious with a lot of shops selling crosses and other such stuff, found it not to our taste. We did go in the cathedral which was lovely, but it wasn't our thing really.

Archived