Obsessed with 7a's on the Pride. Help!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!

I am currently booked on the Pride Room 5234. Does anyone know anything about that room. I just keep wondering is I should switch to room 5190.

I have become obsessed with searching these rooms out. I need help. :)

Thanks everyone!!

OMG...it's snowing today in Syracuse 5/9/10. I need a cruise!!!

I would stay with 5234 over 5190 because next door 5192 "sticks out" past the balcony on 5190 and hinders your view looking in that direction.

all 7A cabins will have that problem. these are indented in to the ship.

Stay where you are. They are all the same.

EXCEPT 5236 (which holds only 2 people though) is the best cabin in that category.)

all 7A cabins will have that problem. these are indented in to the ship.

It is not just 7A's that have that problem on Spirit class ships, Serene. We had that "problem" with cat 8 balcony cabins that were next to extended balcony cabins.

View from 5132 on Legend:

sitting:

2804570720101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

standing at the railing:

2785057560101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

looking down:

2076049090101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

looking aft:2704393740101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

view of balcony from off the ship:

2299835230101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh no, i am going next january on the pride and at first my boyfriend and i had #5180., but since decided to take along my two nieces (16 and 17) and had to change our rm to one that sleeps 4. Now, im worried.. Guess what rm i choose? ... Thats right 5190. Haha . Did i really make a bad choice. I mean i feel as long as we can see outward then we will be good. Is their no view looking to the left or right? Also, when are you going on your cruise? If you have pics that will ease my mind. Really, should i be worried? Ty

Most people sitting on the balcony will be looking out rather then forward or back. (down even)

My concern for this cabin is it sits on the corner of the indent. (where those cabins sits back further from the other cabins.

:)

Oh no, i am going next january on the pride and at first my boyfriend and i had #5180., but since decided to take along my two nieces (16 and 17) and had to change our rm to one that sleeps 4. Now, im worried.. Guess what rm i choose? ... Thats right 5190. Haha . Did i really make a bad choice. I mean i feel as long as we can see outward then we will be good. Is their no view looking to the left or right? Also, when are you going on your cruise? If you have pics that will ease my mind. Really, should i be worried? Ty

I called my TA and they called Carnival and switched my room.

Originally I was 5190 and called and switched to 5234.. Then I startred gettting nervous, so I posted this. I also posted it on the Carnival website and mostly everyone said 5234 or 5237 were the better choice.

Just call and see if they will switch it. I had no problem!!

5168:

had room 5168 last sept on the miracle.

And i have the same room for my sept cruise again on the miracle.

I have one of the rooms between lifeboats.

As long as your not in a room that looks out over the first 3 lifeboats(as they can be used for tenders, and are much higher than the rest), you will get a nice view of the ocean, just can't look directly down to the ocean.

Would i book another?

Since i did my answer is yes i did and would again

Pictures (from another thread) taken on balcony of 5168:

attachment.php?attachmentid=149820&d=1268614928

attachment.php?attachmentid=149821&d=1268614972

attachment.php?attachmentid=149822&d=1268615040

attachment.php?attachmentid=149823&d=1268615102

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23574384&postcount=18

Ok i am not sure what to do i have to get a hold of my ta. I called carnival and they said that the room sits back further than others and the wall to the left will stick out. So, now i am trying to see if maybe i can switch also to #5234. Only thing there i am worried about is that its not in the middle of ship so i am concerned it motion sickness and noise; oh boy.... This is getting to me now. I hope i make the right choice. What to do? I am looking for pics for either rm if anyone can help. Thank you in advance.

I found this on the Carnival board - it addresses this issue with 5191 which is the starboard equivalent to 5190 port side. The picture shows how the next cabin extends out past the balcony of the 7A cabin.

Here is a picture looking towards cabin 5191. As you said you won't be able to look down at the water, but you will be overlooking the lifeboat. The real problem that you have is that you will be looking into a wall to the right.

Cabin5191.jpg[/img]

I also found another post with more pictures from 5190 -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=22143103&highlight=5190#post22143103

I can't address the motion sickness concern re 5234 other than to say I don't recall that being an issue for me in the dining room or Lido buffet area (which are aft) any more than it has been for me mid-ship or forward (where our cabins have been).

I don't feel the wall issue is a deal breaker for 5190 - just wanted to point it out so it is not a surprise.

Yes thank you so much you are so correct it is not going to be a deal breaker for me. I just was trying to get an idea. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. The pictures were very helpful. I am just going to keep the one i have(5190) and be happy. I already had to change our cabin once due to adding my two teenage nieces to the cruise, so i am not gonna trouble them to make the change again. I mean honestly, im going on a cruise right? Haha.. I am just thanking to be spending the time with my loved ones. Thanks again.

Yes thank you so much you are so correct it is not going to be a deal breaker for me. I just was trying to get an idea. Thank you so much for taking the time to help. The pictures were very helpful. I am just going to keep the one i have(5190) and be happy. I already had to change our cabin once due to adding my two teenage nieces to the cruise, so i am not gonna trouble them to make the change again. I mean honestly, im going on a cruise right? Haha.. I am just thanking to be spending the time with my loved ones. Thanks again.

Exactly!

Archived