Blow Dryers on The Dream...

holdon216

The ones on the bathroom wall (in The Victory specifically) are not so great (weak and awkward to work). Hopefully if it's a regular blow dryer in a vanity drawer it is better.

I bring my own hair dryer on the ships but I pack it away on the last day before putting our luggage out for the night. I have to use the ships blow dryer to dry my hair on the morning of debarkation. The one in our suite on the Dream took me forever to get my hair dry. It was no different than any of the ones I've tried on the Valor, Liberty, Splendor or the Triumph.

They are in the dreeser drawer and hooked into the electric through the drawer with a coiled cord....

They are to say the least a pian in the as I was saying.....LOL..

You got it...Bring your own.....

Thanks Scuba. I remember them being a flat thing that hooked on the wall of the bathroom. I have fine hair so the one in the drawer just might work. My old one blew recently and the new one i bought is on the large size. Thanks Again....74 days to go.....woo hooo

We were on the Dream on 12/3/09 and I happened to take a picture of the hairdryer that was in our cabin

CarnivalDreamHairDryer.jpg

It worked great.

Hey Mark...What's up? Ready to do Jack's Shack again in Grand Turk?

That Dream cruise was great.....But the dryers bite.....LOL....If I stood up straight I couldn't even get it over the top of my head and it is obvious by the pic you posted the cord is way to short.....

The dryers are in a drawer infront of the vanity mirror??? Correct?? NOT in the bathroom?? So you could use the little stool to sit infront of the mirror?? Would that work?? Vacations are so much work :D

We were on the Dream on 12/3/09 and I happened to take a picture of the hairdryer that was in our cabin

It worked great.

Carnival obviously doesn't know how I dry my hair. It is long and I have to stand up and flip my head over to dry the underside. This should be interesting :D:eek:

Oh, good idea from the poster who suggested sitting on the stool to dry your hair! I was on Dream last week and found it so difficult to use. Wish I had thought about that! BTW, other posters were asking about curling irons. I took my curling iron and flat iron and they were not confiscated even though I would leave them on the counter unplugged to cool off.

Oh, good idea from the poster who suggested sitting on the stool to dry your hair! I was on Dream last week and found it so difficult to use. Wish I had thought about that! BTW, other posters were asking about curling irons. I took my curling iron and flat iron and they were not confiscated even though I would leave them on the counter unplugged to cool off.

Good to know about the irons! Did you pack them in your carry on??

It worked great.

I have midlength thick hair, and have been fine with the Carnival dryers. The cords are shorter than I like, and you have to hold the button to keep it on.

But I took one of our luggage zip ties, and zipped it on. It was easy enough to slip it off the button when I was done, and back on when I need the dryer on. I've heard others take thick rubberbands (like the ones that come on produce) to hold it on.

Have a great cruise!

I think they are lousy! You have to keep your finger on the button the whole time and it spits out warm air. Some ships the dryers are in the drawer and that makes things awkward w/ the cord if you have long hair. If the dryer is in the bathroom, only one person can be there so too bad if someone else needs to get in, it takes a little planning!

I bring my own, it is small, powerful and lightweight.

Sounds right!

Thanks Scuba. I remember them being a flat thing that hooked on the wall of the bathroom. I have fine hair so the one in the drawer just might work. My old one blew recently and the new one i bought is on the large size. Thanks Again....74 days to go.....woo hooo

I think you'll be OK with fine hair. I have thick hair which goes just below my shoulders and it took a looooonngg time to dry. I think it would have been faster just to stand out on the balcony!:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived