Dream Cloud 9 Spa

We are staying in a spa suite on Carnival Dream. I have been researching to see what amenities come with the suite.

The rasul bath says it has charges. Is this not one of the amenities? What other spa rooms/treatments are not an amenity? Also, what hours is the spa opened?

thessalopool (?) the 2 stream rooms and the 2 rooms that have heated lounge chairs and the one room with ice water and fruit in for you to cool down in. i think that all i tried everything but the 2 stream rooms.

I only took a look in the spa. It's pretty nice. Didn't know you needed a special key to get into the hot tub they have there. Tried my room key and it didn't work. How did i know that you had to pay to use the hot tub spa in the cloud 9 spa.

Also you will love the dream.

The thalasso pool and the four rooms in the thermal suite are included in the spa category cabins. They give you slippers and the towels and robes are different. The robes fit "average" sizes, so that ruled me out.

When you get onboard the ship let them know you are in a spa suite and they will give each of you a wristband that ID's you as free access to the Thalasso pool and thermal suite.

Do make time to soak in the thalasso pool instead of regular whirlpool, it is fabulous. The Turkish Bath is another steam room that is great, but there is a 10 minute time limit for the room and most I managed was 8 minutes!!!! The Laconium (it was right next to the Turkish bath) was nice too--warm and humid and the bed overlooking the sea was great to lounge on!

towels are provided for the Thalasso and Thermal and all you need to bring is your S&S card.

WARNING--DO NOT wear black coral jewellery into the Thalasso pool.....it doesn't like heat, or water......I did and thedn had to wait four months until the next cruise to get the two halves of the turtled back together again......

We just got off the Dream and with a cruise coming up on the Splendor as well as the Magic, we opted to "buy into" the spa privileges to see if we would use them. We love aft cabins only so we sould never take a Spa cabin or any cabin on the side of the ship. We therefore chose to pay the $249.00/couple for a weekly pass. How this works is you go up each day and they take your sing and sail card and give you a "pass card" to open the doors and a wrist band that changes color each day so you need a new one each time you go up there. We felt that while the spa was nice, there were so many other things to do that we only got up to the Cloud 9 spa once (making our one time visit cost $124/person) If you had a cabin right there, we probably would have used it more but we found the regular whirlpools just as good and there were plenty on the ship. The spa was opened from 6am to 10pm at night.

As posted, the thalasso pool and the four rooms in the thermal suite are included in the spa category cabins. You also receive upgraded products in your cabin (shampoo, lotion, etc).

I LOVED the spa on the Dream. The best part for me was having 24 hour access. With the spa cabins, you will be able to use the facilities when it they are closed (and uncrowded).

As posted, the thalasso pool and the four rooms in the thermal suite are included in the spa category cabins. You also receive upgraded products in your cabin (shampoo, lotion, etc).

I LOVED the spa on the Dream. The best part for me was having 24 hour access. With the spa cabins, you will be able to use the facilities when it they are closed (and uncrowded).

Thanks so much for the info, my wife and I have a spa balcony on the 11 Sept sailing and this is the first we've heard of 24 hour access. Sounds wonderful. We'll be in room 11237, what room were you in? I hate to be pushy but PLEASE, tell me more, tell me more!!:)

Carnival Legend - 2005

Carnival Inspiration - 2008 New Years

Carnival Dream - 2010

We sailed on the Dream in late March of this year. We were in 11217 on the 11th floor. We had an interior spa stateroom. We usually chose balcony cabins but chose an interior to get the spa cabin.

We visited the spa each day we were on board. I loved being able to come back from a great day of fun and beautiful scenery in the islands to jump right in the thallasso pool. Amazing!

The first sea days the area was kinda busy but it definitely thinned out as the cruise went along. I definitely think it was worth it. I wish all ships had the spa package.

Enjoy!!!!

:)

Thanks so much for the info, my wife and I have a spa balcony on the 11 Sept sailing and this is the first we've heard of 24 hour access. Sounds wonderful. We'll be in room 11237, what room were you in? I hate to be pushy but PLEASE, tell me more, tell me more!!:)

Carnival Legend - 2005

Carnival Dream - 2010

The spa closes at 10:00 P.M. each night. No 24 hour access.

However, if you get "showed" out, we went to the spa at 9 PM every night for an hour and had it all to ourselves.

Also, if you are on a spa level, may I suggest using the mens or womens' lockers for your showers? Not the ones by the spa entrance, but the ones past the key card entrance. They are exceptional!

Carnival Legend - 2005

Carnival Dream - 2010[/quote

We have 11237 booked for Feb 2011 so take good care of it for us. bring me back pics and your review. I always seem to be wishing my life away waiting for the next cruise.

Carnival Legend - 2005

Carnival Dream - 2010[/quote

We have 11237 booked for Feb 2011 so take good care of it for us. bring me back pics and your review. I always seem to be wishing my life away waiting for the next cruise.

We'll try not to get to crazy and trash the place!:) But we will definately take a ton of pictures and I'll try to take good notes for a review. Aren't these forums the greatest? Cheers!

• 2 months later...

question. somebody above said that they had an interior spa so they could be on the same level as the spa, therefore making it nice to go in and use the big showers..

We are in a Spa Suite, wich for some reason isnt on the same deck, its one down. Would it be a hassle to then use the spa showers since we wont be on the same floor, or is it no big deal?

Archived