What do you do when you first board?

Jo and Rob

We board early, so our cabin is usually not available yet. Here's our list:

(1) Purchase Soda cards (sold just outside Windjammer)

(2) Windjammer for lunch and to watch all the happy people coming through

(3) Go to the dining room to check out our table.

(4) Head to our cabin to check on our luggage arrival.

(5) put the essentials away (drinks in fridge);check out our balcony; ask for beds to be either split into twins or "merged" depending on which cabin we are talking about.

(6) Head to pool for DOD before sail away.

Did I forget the muster drill :eek:

We board early, so our cabin is usually not available yet. Here's our list:

(1) Purchase Soda cards (sold just outside Windjammer)

(2) Windjammer for lunch and to watch all the happy people coming through

(3) Go to the dining room to check out our table.

(4) Head to our cabin to check on our luggage arrival.

(5) put the essentials away (drinks in fridge);check out our balcony; ask for beds to be either split into twins or "merged" depending on which cabin we are talking about.

(6) Head to pool for DOD before sail away.

Did I forget the muster drill :eek:

Don't they split the beds / put them together before you arrive? I'd have though that would be part of getting the cabin ready.

Don't they split the beds / put them together before you arrive? I'd have though that would be part of getting the cabin ready.

I always check on this right away. No matter what we put in the "cruise personalizer" it seems to be right about 50% of the time, and the other 50% we have to ask the room steward to fix it. It's never been a problem to get it right by bedtime, though.:)

We head up to the deck, carryons and all and grab some lunch and a dod, feed the kids and people watch, take DD to see the kids club and explore the kids areas, then down to drop our carryons off, unpack whatever luggage is there, try to get the kids to nap (ours are 1 and 4), it never works on the first day but we try :), then up for the muster drill, hang out on deck, maybe a quick swim and then time to change for early dinner.

No, the Maitre D is there to take dining request (change dining requests), but the MDR is not open for lunch on the first day.

To answer your original question, this is what we do...

--head straight to the pursers desk and throw cash down on the account (no lines) and I like cash on my account

--then head to the WJ for lunch, get the soda package (if we haven't done it online already for the hubby)

--once 1:00-1:30 hits, time to head to the cabin and put the carry-on bags down. RCI doesn't allow you into your cabin on Indy until that time. Say "HI" to the cabin attendant and introduce ourselves. This is the time that you can state any needs (extra pillows, ice every morning and night, etc)

--kids get their swim suits on (always make sure to keep them IN THE CARRY-ON) and we head to the H20 zone -- its always dead on the first day :D

--Keep an eye on the time, we get the kids dried off and head back to the cabin to prepare for the Muster Drill and sailaway.

**Anyone who wants in cabin sitting or spa appts, use these first few hours to get these reservations -- they fill up fast!

thats a really good tip. if you put cash down, will they give you a refund if don't use it all?

will they take TC? or cash visa gift cards? I am not keen about flying with a grand, plus in my pocket..

T

• 4 weeks later...

Last cruise was 3 years ago, so maybe things have changed since then, but...

1) We went straight to the Promenade and looked around for a little while until Sorrento's opened

2) Ate a very relaxing pizza lunch

3) Went to our room to drop off stuff

4) Explore

OH, tried to get one of the cell phones after #3 and they were out, so that will be #1 this time.

Archived