Dinner dance

quest145

When we were on Silver Wind two years ago and they configured the main resturant to have a dinner dance on one of the formal nights. We are on Silver Shadow on the 26th June in alaska. Have any of these alaska cruises included a dinner dance.

Quest, when we were on the Shadow last June, they did indeed have a dinner dance on one of the formal nights. This was a 10 day cruise with 2 formal nights. It was great, having the band in the dining room, playing wonderful music for dancing. We really enjoyed ourselves, dancing in between courses. I'm sure they plan for this every cruise.

Great trip - you will enjoy!

I was on the Silver Wind for the Istanbul-Venice sailing, and it was my impression that it was pretty full then. On the last night of the cruise, they eliminated two or perhaps three of the tables in the center of the dining room, creating a smallish dance floor. Large enough for slot dances or Latin, and perhaps a very controlled regulation foxtrot, but the line of dance will be very tight.

I don't dance myself (well, not well, and not between courses!), but it is possible to eat in the restaurant during a so-called dinner dance without being deafened by the music or distracted by dancers, even on the smaller ships. Both the band and the (small) dance floor tend to be near the door, and the music is neither loud nor continuous. If you sit at the side or back of the room, you may well find it's bearable. If you can't bear the thought of musical accompaniment, it's normally only one night of the cruise and the other venues beckon.

Archived