Artemis misses ports -- is the compensation fair?

kelly@

Is the compensation fair?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is the compensation fair?

• No, passengers are right to revolt!
    • Could be more, but the revolt is unnecessary; things happen
    • Yes, it's fair, but I'd still be upset
    • Yes, and the passengers are out of line!
    • I'm not sure
    • Something else (which I'll post)

Engine troubles have forced P&O's Artemis to sail at a reduced speed for the entirety of its current 20-night cruise, resulting in itinerary changes.

The cruise, which began in Southampton, was set to call in 10 Mediterranean ports, but will now stop in just seven, eliminating visits to Naples, Valencia and Gibraltar, and shortening the scheduled call in Palma de Mallorca to just half a day.

As compensation, P&O has offered guests a £200 refund when they return home, and £300 onboard credit while still onboard.

However, some passengers are not happy -- The U.K.’s Daily Telegraph reported at the weekend that a committee had been set up by passengers to hold talks about how much compensation they should receive. Read our full story here.

What do you think? Is the compensation offered by P&O fair? Have you been in a situation when you have missed ports of call?

Vote in our poll and give us your views.

We were on the previous cruise and I have posted to another thread on here. Our four full day port stops ended up being reduced to just three half days. We were told of the cancellation of one day and reduction to half day of another port, a couple of days before we sailed. We received £100pp obc. We were never informed of the other changes, either before sailing or whilst on the ship. The only notification we had was the all aboard time, published in the daily magazine, the day before each port.

It was widely known on our cruise that the following cruise would be severely impacted by the engine problems and it seems that we previous passengers found out of the changes before those actually taking the following cruise.

P & O's communication has been poor, both before, during and after the cruise. It's a pity that these problems are now blighting the first few cruises sailed under the command of the first female captain!

Archived