Dockyard to Tobacco - on a Saturday!

cruisejourno

I'll be docking with Princess on Saturday 29th May at Dockyard and have heard there's no ferry to St. George.. I've got small people who want to snorkel and a Grandma who won't mind sitting on a bus (!) so just wondering how doable it is to get by ferry to Hamilton and then bus to St. George - spend some time at Tobacco beach, have lunch, and then head back in time for ship to leave at end of day?

The ferry leaves right from Dockyard to St George's, so no bus worries. then it is just a walk up to Tobacco Bay. Beware, it is an uphill walk, but I think you might be able to grab a taxi for this if you are worried about Grandma, but we had no problems walking it. And the way back is not too bad motly downhill. You will pass right by the Unfinished church and Ft St Catherine is just a short walk past Tobacco Bay.

We were there during the week, not sure of the Saturday ferry schedule.....

That's the problem - I don't think there are any ferries on Saturday. But the sea express website is soooo slow to download I can't actually confirm this. Does anybody know?

There is no ferry service from Dockyard to St. George's on Saturday or Sunday.

You can take the ferry to Hamilton (about a 20 minute ride), then walk to the Hamilton bus terminal (about 10 minutes uphill) and then take a bus to St. George's (maybe a 45 minute ride).

You mentioned Grandma. Can she handle an uphill walk (from ferry to bus in Hamilton, as well as in St. George's to Tobacco Bay)?

Archived