Anyone Caught with beer or Booze

DiveCruiser

During my last Cruise out of Miami on the Valor in February I could not believe the stories people told me. My liquor in water bottles got thru in locked luggage, but there were a lot of kids on spring break and there were a lot of people who lost everything. Five or six stories from these kids. My "Water Bottles" were checked along with 2 bottles of wine in our locked luggage. No problems. In our carryones we had 4 bottles of wine, 2 each, 16 cans of soda and 8 bottles of water. They did not even open our bags. I would walk on with water bottles in the future, and also do not look like a spring breaker. I thought these were cruise critic foruim myths, but they are not. I shared the wealth.

Not a myth. I talked to several people on our cruise who had had their liquor taken from their checked luggage. One of the guys had a bottle, the other two had rum runners. Its not a huge deal, they just take the booze and hold it til the last night. Seemed like POM was cracking down though...We BV'd it this time.

Archived