Caught smuggling bbeer in check thru???

This doesn't answer your question... but your typo in the title ("caught smuggling bbeer") makes me think "caught smuggling Justin Bieber" which just makes me giggle at the absurdity.

Anyway... from what I've read/heard over and over, typically the cruise line just confiscates it and returns it to you at the end of the cruise.

Has any one been caught with beer or booze in their check thru luggage. :( When and what happened?? ;) Or is this just a myth to slow Smuggling!?!?!?!?!?!? :confused:
Yeah, some of it gets caught, but some of it gets through. What percentage of it gets caught vs. what percentage gets through? That's a mystery.

What happens? They take your alcohol.

• 3 weeks later...

We got caught on an NCL cruise with bottles of beer. They did not deliver our bags, just left a note that we needed to claim them in person. When we went to claim our bags they searched them and we told them we just packed our leftover beers from our previous hotel stay (they we all wrapped up in our clothes about 12 total). They ensured we did not have any other contraban and gave us our bags and beers back! So it was not a big deal, just a delay in bags. I think we will just make sure we pak them in a bag we don't need ASAP next time and hopefully they a nice again!

Archived