Fun Factory Hours

some_body

I have seen this posted in various posts, but never in one place. I am looking at a cruise on the Solstice and want to be sure the kids hours are understood. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

At Sea:

9am-10pm, no charge (kids NOT taken to meals)

10pm-1am $6/hour/kid

In Port:

9am-Noon, no charge

Noon-2pm, $6/hour/kid (kids taken to lunch)

2pm-5pm, no charge

5pm-7pm, $6/hour/kid (kids taken to dinner)

7pm-10pm, no charge

10pm-1am, $6/hour/kid

That's my understanding, too. I also saw a post a few day ago with the following:

"On the Solstice, they offered a VIP package for $110 which covered any extra charges - like dinner while in port, etc. also included a bridge and backstage tour as well as a special movie plus a goodie bag of stuff."

You apparently can't sign the kids up before the cruise - just head to the fun factory during the "open house" upon boarding and you can enroll them. I've only heard good things about the kid's program and I'm excited about our July 25th cruise.

Enjoy!

Pretty much right... There is a lunch and dinner party from 12-2 and 5-7 and I think the kids ARE taken to dinner in the buffet on sea days at no charge. Remember, the kids cannot spend more than 6 hours at a time in the Fun Factory without leaving for a minimum 1 hour break on sea days.

Your kids will have a brilliant time! The kids clubs on Celebrity are excellent and the staff are wonderful.

That link was part of the reason for my post. It is poorly worded and repeated here for the benefit of discussion-

The Children's Playroom / Fun Factory is open daily from 9:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M. each day. Slumber Party from 10:00pm - Midnight is offered each night on a sign up basis for a fee of $6 per child, per hour.

Only while the ship is docked will a nominal fee of $6.00 per hour per child, children ages 3-12 years old who wishes to participate in various sitting services offered by the X-Club Youth Program; Afternoon Party from 12:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M. and Dinner Party from 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Everything following "Only while this ship is docked . . " can be read to mean that the club is $6/hour while docked. Whereas the experience passed on by past cruisers indicates only the Afternoon Party and Dinner Party carry a nominal fee.

The hours are correct however I don't think we paid for the kids to eat dinner at the dinner party from 5 - 7 while at sea. I couldn't get my girls out of the Fun Factory. I don't agree with the statement that the kids can't spend more than 6 hours on a sea day. I didn't see that posted anywhere or was I told that by any of the counselors at the Fun Factory. You and your kids will have a great time!

Archived