Cruise Cancelled

sandypaper

Hi everyone.....just wanted to let you all know that I had to cancel our Alaska cruise on the Zuiderdam. Due to medical reasons my partner won't be able to make it. HAL was very good, no questions asked and we will lose about $200 each which is mostly the cancellation insurance. I feel so sad as was really looking forward to seeing the Zuiderdam. Hopefully can sail on her another time. Please make sure you get cacellation insurance as one never knows what might go wrong.

Hey There Sandypaper,

I know full well the disappointment of having to cancel a cruise.

I hope your partners health issues resolve quickly and you are planning your next cruise soon.

It just so happens our upcoming cruise is an Alaskan cruise on the Zuiderdam. Alaska with all it''s splendor will be waiting for you when the time is right.

I plan to write a review and happily share our cruise.

Thinking of you ,

Best Wishes Colleen

I am really sorry you had to cancel your cruise. Combine that with worry about your partner and it doesn't make for fun times. Hopefully you will be ble to pick up another cruise soon.

Good example of using your trip insurance. I went without it on my last trip as it was going to cost a LOT.......but I found myself holding my breath as I read about some experiences of others. I lucked out....but probably won't go that route again.

Sandypaper, I'm so sorry you are going to miss your cruise. We took that cruise last year and really enjoyed the Zuiderdam. I wish your partner a speedy recovery and hope you will soon be contemplating your next cruise.

... <snip> ...

Good example of using your trip insurance. I went without it on my last trip as it was going to cost a LOT.......but I found myself holding my breath as I read about some experiences of others. I lucked out....but probably won't go that route again.

As much as we all appreciated following your last fabulous journey on your blog, we recognize the time, effort, and cost that involved.

Spend that money on insurance this time, and we will all wait patiently for you to tell us about your latest adventure when you return. :)

I haven't had to experience canceling a criuse so I don't know how it would feel to have to cancel. But with that said, my thoughts are with you and your partner. I hope your partner heals quickly and you are able to plan another cruise soon. I've sailed on the Zuiderdam to Alaska and really enjoyed the cruise. Hopefully you can plan a trip to Alaska next year on a ship that has the itinerary that you like. We enjoyed the Zuiderdam but when going to Alaska I go with itinerary over ship. Oh, and I always get the insurance.

Hi everyone.....just wanted to let you all know that I had to cancel our Alaska cruise on the Zuiderdam. Due to medical reasons my partner won't be able to make it. HAL was very good, no questions asked and we will lose about $200 each which is mostly the cancellation insurance. I feel so sad as was really looking forward to seeing the Zuiderdam. Hopefully can sail on her another time. Please make sure you get cacellation insurance as one never knows what might go wrong.

From your signature, we would have been sailing together on the Zuiderdam. Hopefully things will turn around quickly and you will be on another DAM ship soon! :)

So sorry to hear of your having to cancel at the last moment, hope your partner's issues resolve quickly.

We sailed the inside passage on the Zuiderdam last year, and it was the trip of a lifetime. When you get a chance to re-book this trip, make sure you do it on the Zuiderdam, she is a magnificent ship!

Thanks so much to everyone! You have brightened my day and almost made me cry. It feels so good to know that people out there care about you. I've decided to take a friend and sail on the ferry to Victoria this summer instead.....well its better thank nothing and I do love the water. God bless you all.

Archived