Scuba...St Thomas vs St Maarten

orenaeo

Hi,

My daughter and her new husband will be going on their Honeymoon on the Freedom of the Seas(May23-30th). I know they want to Scuba dive at least once at either of these locations. I was just looking to see which one was a better overall experince.

Thanks!

Of the two places you list. We have only tried St.Thomas with a Carnival excursion and were taken to Cokie beach. It has been to date our least favorite dive site. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggest they try Octopus Diving in Grande Case St Martin - Chris and Sally will look after them - it's the #1 activity for St Martin on Tripadvisor !. I'm sure they won't be disappointed.

All the best

St.Thomas for diving.........go to Coki's website and see for yourself what its all about and decide. Some people are dive snobs about what they consider a good dive, or dive site.

http://www.cokidive.com/

Go to diving information and then under that see Discover Scuba Diving, scroll down for video etc...Or if your interested in their boat dives check that out too(video as well). I think they say, "Seeing is believing."

I did my final two certification dives with Admiralty Dive in St. Thomas last November and would highly recommend them. They were terrific. Their boat was very roomy and the equipment looked fairly new. I was also surprised how good the reef was in St. Thomas. I also saw a moray eel, a turtle, and all kinds of various fish.

Archived