Exercise classes

FKGirl

Sadly, I will need to do more exercise than lifting a champagne flute to my lips while on board. Can anyone tell me if any type of exercise classes are offered on board? Yoga? Pilates? Weights? I'm not that picky, but I am a little unmotivated, so if I am in a class situation, I might actually work out :)

I think I remember seeing Pilates classes scheduled for early mornings in the gym. However, since I have never even seen any of the gyms, others will have to supplement with more information.

We have only been on the crossings, but I had great plans on my first cruise to join some exercise classes. All that was offered was yoga and I wasn't impressed. It was particularly difficult with the rolling of the ship. I was really disappointed that there weren't more offerings. In our cruises since, I haven't even tried.

It's difficult to say something so negative about Seabourn, because 99% of my experiences are so wonderful. Perhaps someone cruising on an itinerary other than a crossing has a more postive story.

Ginger

On the Odyssey last October/November I participated in some of the classes - yoga which was at times difficult because of the movement and a morning stretch and bend class. They did offer quite a bit in comparison to the triplets when previously traveled. My husband used the gym - treadmill daily and he found this beneficial.

I did take a yoga cd I had for using my suite and had all intentions of doing daily. The drawback on the new ship was there was no cd player in the suites as on the triplets. Seabourn came through though and hooked me up with a play station (never worked one in my life). Very accommodating as usual. After we arrived in Ft. L. from our TA crossing, they delivered CD/DVD players on board that could be checked out from the Square as their laptops were.

As we leave on the Pride in June, my yoga cd is packed and ready to go.

For me, best investment was to pay for one-on-one sessions with trainer at beginning of the cruise. That way, you get a focussed workout that accommodates you and the sailing conditions. While they are not always available at the times you might choose (given their other commitments) you can work to develop a schedule that works. And then you can plan, you are committed and are booked in, just like a hair appointment!

Archived