Is there anyway to avoid.....

[quote name='h_blond2']We just take ours off with us. That way, there is no need to leave our luggage in the hallway overnight![/quote]

But do you have to leave with the self assist group? Or do you leave whenever you want to?

There are "eyes in the sky" all over the ships. Naturally, they don't make a point of telling guests about this. Next time you cruise, check out the ceiling. You'll be surprised by how many there are. If they see anyone fooling around with luggage set out in the halls, you'd better believe security is right on it.

[quote name='goscudder']But do you have to leave with the self assist group? Or do you leave whenever you want to?[/quote]

They were calling them first and very early off the ship on our cruise last week. Not sure if you HAVE to go when called or not - but I'd think that people use this option in order to leave ahead of the crowd, otherwise why bother?

[quote name='goscudder']We've always done self-assist because we usually have early flights and need to get off early. We're sailing on the Sensation in September, but have late afternoon flights. Can I still do self-assist and get off later in the morning, not with the official "self-assist group"? It's a short cruise and I won't have a lot of luggage, so for me self-assist seems the easiest.

Thanks![/quote]

In my experience, You can leave whenever you'd like within reason. You can't stay for another cruise, some may frown on that.:rolleyes:
We just took our time and our bags, went up to the lido deck and sat by the pool and called the kids and finished taking pics of the ship.

Downside is working your way around everyone going in the other direction.
Mike

[quote name='pjpu']They were calling them first and very early off the ship on our cruise last week. Not sure if you HAVE to go when called or not - but I'd think that people use this option in order to leave ahead of the crowd, otherwise why bother?[/quote]

The first self-assist IS the crowd!

I personnally like it when the more people choose self disembarking. They have to get up early, miss breakfast, wait in long lines, cramped on staircases etc. while juggling 2-3 suitcases. While they are doing that, I'm getting up later, enjoying an empty buffet breakfast, while the only thing I'm going to carry is a small duffle bag, with my night time clothes, and some toiltries and camera. Most times, I walk off the ship, without a line, and no lines in customs.

Archived