New to HAL and Deluxe Suites - Some Questions!

alexandria

Just got off the Oosterdam (5-16 to 5-23) They held the Suite cocktail party 5-16 @ 7:15 and had a Suite Luncheon on 5-22 @ 12:30. Had we not been with family this cruise, we would have been well fed for lunch on 5-22 as the Mariner lunch was held @11:00 that day as well.

We also had a Renewal of Vows package. This was performed Friday Night (night we were in Ketchikan) @7:30. The formal nights were Monday and Thursday. The Master Chef dinner was Friday

We had dinner in the Pinnacle before the Renewal of Vows. It was a beautiful ceremony and there were 6 couples renewing the vows!

In regards to pressing, we sent out DH's suit to be pressed for Monday night's Formal and a seperate bag of laundry from our precruise stay. We received the Laundry back by noon on Monday and were still chasing the pressing down @ 5:30 Monday night. Thanks to the Neptune staff, otherwise am not sure when it would have been delivered!

I would love to get some info on where you see the free hotel stay on the HAL site? We have a suite booked for Alaska from Vancouver and I wonder if there is a similar offer available?

We booked thru AX Platinum so I just contacted them after I read the post regarding the free hotel for pre-cruise on this board. They were not aware of the offer but contacted HAL and we got a free hotel and transportation to Pan Pacific for our pre-cruise stay.

Just got off the Oosterdam (5-16 to 5-23) They held the Suite cocktail party 5-16 @ 7:15 and had a Suite Luncheon on 5-22 @ 12:30. Had we not been with family this cruise, we would have been well fed for lunch on 5-22 as the Mariner lunch was held @11:00 that day as well.

We also had a Renewal of Vows package. This was performed Friday Night (night we were in Ketchikan) @7:30. The formal nights were Monday and Thursday. The Master Chef dinner was Friday

We had dinner in the Pinnacle before the Renewal of Vows. It was a beautiful ceremony and there were 6 couples renewing the vows!

In regards to pressing, we sent out DH's suit to be pressed for Monday night's Formal and a seperate bag of laundry from our precruise stay. We received the Laundry back by noon on Monday and were still chasing the pressing down @ 5:30 Monday night. Thanks to the Neptune staff, otherwise am not sure when it would have been delivered!

Thanks for the very helpful info. I would LOVE nothing more than to have the vow renewal the same night as the Master Chef dinner so that we can skip that and eat at the Pinnacle after the ceremony! Please HAL, please! :)

I would love to get some info on where you see the free hotel stay on the HAL site? We have a suite booked for Alaska from Vancouver and I wonder if there is a similar offer available?

We heard about this here on CC and then had our TA check it out with HAL. Since we initially had "booked" a full suite and were not upgraded to one, HAL will pay for one night pre-cruise at the Fairmont Olympic. The only thing you pay for is the tax which came to just under $30. This perk also includes transportation from the airport to the hotel and then takes you to the ship on the day of departure. We will tip drivers as we would normally do if we were arranging and paying for our own transportation. We are using the perk this coming Sat. 5/29. Information about how to get the transportation from airport to hotel is in the e-docs when you print them up..

I feel this is a super perk that I have not seen them do in other embarkation ports. We can't wait!!:D

alexandria- What a great surprise for your DW with the renewal of vows! Congratulations on the anniversary. We are traveling with you on this cruise. Would love for you to stop by for the M&G we have scheduled so we can meet. Just check our rollcall.:)

Teachergal, you mentioned that because you "booked a full suite and were not upgraded to one" that they offered you a one-night stay at the Fairmont in Vancouver. How did you come accross this offer? I called HAL about this as I saw it on CC before, but they told me that they were not offering it at this time. I'd really like to try and take advantage of such an offer, as we booked directly through them and not with a TA. Otherwise, I may try and transfer my booking to a TA as one offered us $300 in onboard credit.

Thanks for the info!

Teachergal, you mentioned that because you "booked a full suite and were not upgraded to one" that they offered you a one-night stay at the Fairmont in Vancouver. How did you come accross this offer? I called HAL about this as I saw it on CC before, but they told me that they were not offering it at this time. I'd really like to try and take advantage of such an offer, as we booked directly through them and not with a TA. Otherwise, I may try and transfer my booking to a TA as one offered us $300 in onboard credit.

Thanks for the info!

My understanding is that HAL is offering this at Fairmont Olympic in Seattle ... not in Vancouver ...

This is an awesome thread! I didn't know about the free night stay either, and I asked my TA to check into it for me. Thanks for mentioning it!

For those doing the vows renewal, how did you go about arranging this?

thanks!

My understanding is that HAL is offering this at Fairmont Olympic in Seattle ... not in Vancouver ...

Actually, it is for selected sailing (may be May to September) and include Vancouver. We are sailing from Vancouver on Zuiderdam and we got our free night stay at the Pan Pacific hotel.

Thank you for clarifying the fact about this perk is being offered at the Fairmont Olympic in Seattle. I first heard about this here on CC and then I saw it recently in the newest Mariner magazine that we received in the mail recently.

But I did not know about the same perk being offered in Vancouver staying at the Pan Pacific when sailing on the Zuiderdam. I will definitely keep that info in mind for future cruises to Alaska departed out of Vancouver. :)

Thank you..

This is an awesome thread! I didn't know about the free night stay either, and I asked my TA to check into it for me. Thanks for mentioning it!

For those doing the vows renewal, how did you go about arranging this?

thanks!

You can book the vow renewal in the onboard gifts section of the HAL website or by calling Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576.

Archived