Canada Place

LindaKE

There's a thread on the HAL forum talking about the mass confusion at Canada Place. Multiple long lines and unclear directions were among the complaints. I have a wheelchair request for boarding and disembarking and plan to rent a wheelchair to be in my cabin once on board. It sounded like passengers have trouble just getting to the HAL desk where I could get HAL assistance. Do I need to arrange for the wheelchair to be delivered to our hotel instead?

We were planning to stay overnight at a less expensive airport hotel since we'll just be needing a place to crash when we get to Vancouver, but now I'm wondering if we should just pay the higher rate for a room at the Pan Pacific where the hotel will get the luggage to the ship porters. But even with the hotel handling the luggage, if there is mass confusion as described in the HAL thread, I would still need a place to sit while waiting through the lines at customs etc. Has anyone experienced problems at Canada Place?

Thanks!

We've been through Canada Place 3 different times, 2 different cruise lines (Carnival and Princess) and have never had a problem. I haven't waited until getting to a cruise line desk though -- I always look for a representative at the curb -- a representative of ANY cruise line, tell them that I need assistance (and which line I'm cruising on) and wait right there.. and a person and wheelchair show up within 10 minutes or so. At the first time, I was barely out of the cab when someone showed up -- they saw me coming, and were right there. Once they had me in the chair, my husband and I were whisked right past everyone in line, gotten through what we needed to get through, and were on the ship, in about 20 minutes.

Archived