2 Liter Sodas as Opposed to 12 Packs

I hope not because I want to know the answer! :)

It's not soda but I want to bring fruit punch in a big Hawaiian Punch jug and was wondering about that!!! :) I would think they would be treated the same, or do I need to get a couple 6 packs of smaller bottles....

BIG BUMP for an answer....

From the Carnival site:

Note: Guests bringing the permitted one bottle of wine/champagne and/or small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages must bring these items on board in their carry-on luggage

It does not say what size the container of the non-alcoholic beverage has to be. 12-2 liter bottles? Why not?;)

From the Carnival site:

Note: Guests bringing the permitted one bottle of wine/champagne and/or small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages must bring these items on board in their carry-on luggage

It does not say what size the container of the non-alcoholic beverage has to be. 12-2 liter bottles? Why not?;)

I think the is where it becomes an issue with carnival - "small quantity (package of 12 per person) be a little reasonable here - I really don't think they mean 12 - 2 litre bottles rather they mean 12 - 10 or 12 ounces bottles. As it now has to be in carryon that will be one honking size and weight to be lugging around. And to hide it in checked luggage is awfully heavy for any one to have to move around (porters and stewards). The fact that they allow 12 of any non-alcoholic beverage per person to be carried on is a step in the right direction why tempt the fates and lose this concession totally because they will push back.

From the Carnival site:

Traveler it looks like I'm the only one who got it:D

Well.... the information may be a little dated but that being said...

Last Year on the Destiny we picked up 2 2-litre bottles of Soda at a the CVS in Key West. There was no difficulty bringing them back on the the ship.

OP here.

Let me clarify...I am cruising with DH and we want to carry on two 2 liter bottles of soda (1 each; 2 total).

Not trying to get more aboard than is allowed; in fact four liters = 135.27 ounces; two 12 packs of canned soda = 288 ounces.

So if we take two 2 liter bottles, that is less than half of the amount of bringing on two 12 packs of cans.

FWIW, we like the option of pouring less than 12 oz at a time and being able to reseal the bottle(s).

And before someone asks, as far as I know, the brand I want to bring is not available in 20 oz bottles.

My question was, and still is, does anyone out there know if my two 2 liter bottles will be allowed?

C'mon, CCers...don't break your perfect record! ;) :p

Traveler it looks like I'm the only one who got it:D

Thanks, Yep, I noticed that also.

It was a joke folks. Playing Devil’s Advocate here. They have a legal staff of hundreds, thinking that they have closed all the loop holes in their previous statement of policy. All they have done is just make it easier for the enterprising few that "push the envelope" as someone said.:p

I asked the question on the Carnival site - Looking for Carnival Assistance. The answer was to provide the quote back of the existing policy and to say "no" it must be 12 oz or smaller, no more then 12. I think they really didn't want to commit either way.

I too prefer the bottles to the cans and truly can't stand Diet Coke - so I bring my Diet Pepsi, also I like to take a liter bottle of ginger ale just in case of upset tummy.

I am not going to try to push the envelope because I don't want them to take away the privilege of being able to bring on what we can now. Might not be happy with it, but it isn't going to ruin my cruise! I'll take what we're allowed and after that I'll have to choke down the Diet Coke if I can't replenish in port.:) Does anybody know, does HMC, Grand Turk or Nassau sell Diet Pepsi?

OP here.

Let me clarify...I am cruising with DH and we want to carry on two 2 liter bottles of soda (1 each; 2 total).

Not trying to get more aboard than is allowed; in fact four liters = 135.27 ounces; two 12 packs of canned soda = 288 ounces.

So if we take two 2 liter bottles, that is less than half of the amount of bringing on two 12 packs of cans.

FWIW, we like the option of pouring less than 12 oz at a time and being able to reseal the bottle(s).

And before someone asks, as far as I know, the brand I want to bring is not available in 20 oz bottles.

My question was, and still is, does anyone out there know if my two 2 liter bottles will be allowed?

C'mon, CCers...don't break your perfect record! ;) :p

TG, I took 2 - 2 liters on to the Miracle in January when we went out of FFL. They didn't say a word about it.

John

Archived