Dinner Wait Time...

rhinomike

We are departing on the Star on June 26th heading for Alaska....

There are 10 of us in our party (4 adults and 6 kids)....

Will we have a problem being seated together in any of the resteraunt (MDR or Specialty)...

We like to eat early so I thought we would get to the MDR early.... I am sure a few nights we will end up in a specialty resteraunt....

Can you make reservation in the MDR for a group of 10?

Thanks guys and gals...

Will we have a problem being seated together in any of the resteraunt (MDR or Specialty)...

We like to eat early so I thought we would get to the MDR early.... I am sure a few nights we will end up in a specialty resteraunt....

Thanks guys and gals...

On the Pearl, a large group of people made a reservation at the Summer Palace for dinner at 8:15

When they got there, they said they had no record of it and made them wait like everyone else.

It seemed there were always a line right after a show let out.

On my cruise the show times were 7:00 and 9:00. I thought that was off because aren't they usually 7:30 and 9:30?

Thanks guys and gals...

If you just show up at the MDR you will probably have a wait time unless you are there right when they open. What you might want to do is when you get onboard make a reservation for the entire party for the MDR for the nights you want to dine there. You shouldn't have trouble with dining at a Specialty Restaurant if you get your reservation in on time. Suite guest can make reservations for the whole week starting the first day. Mini-suite guest and Balcony guest can make reservations 48 hours in advance and others can make reservations 24 hours in advance. The only specialty restaurant you might have trouble with is Teppanyaki as I believe it only seats 10. You would run into issues there if you were only able to book 24 hours in advance and others had booked that same time.

For reservations at the MDR, my understanding is they can only be made for certain time frames and they have to be made for the whole week. I maybe wrong about some of that, I'm just going by what I have read here on CC.

Thanks guys and gals...

We were on the Sun a while ago but spoke with the Maître d' in Four Seasons since it was closest to our rooms (Some were elderly and didn't want to have to walk the entire length of the ship every night) and made standing reservations for our party of 12, or it might have been 14. Either way, each night at 6 we just walked past the hostess stand to our table which was set aside in one of the more intimate "nooks" in the dining room. They took great care of us! My understanding is they only do this for groups of 6+ but check when you get onboard.

Thanks to everyone for the advice....

As soon as I get onboard I will check with the Maiter D.... That would be great if he got us a standing reservation for the week like he did for the above... I hope you gave him a little something extra... That was great of him. If he does that for us I will be sure to take good care of him...

Thanks again to everyone for the advice...

As to "normal" times for evening shows - I don't there is anything that is normal.

Seems to vary by itinerary and maybe even ship. Sometimes two performances of the same show. Sometimes two different shows. Sea days vs. port days. Overnights might be different so people can stay in port later.

Thanks to everyone for the advice....

As soon as I get onboard I will check with the Maiter D.... That would be great if he got us a standing reservation for the week like he did for the above... I hope you gave him a little something extra... That was great of him. If he does that for us I will be sure to take good care of him...

Thanks again to everyone for the advice...

Naturally! He even sent some of the recipes we really liked to our rooms. Great service.

Naturally! He even sent some of the recipes we really liked to our rooms. Great service.

Wow that is great..... I hope we get good service like that.... First cruise on NCL we have done Carnival and RCL about 15 times...

We eat early so we will get there right when the MDR opens.... Hopefully we dont have issues.

Thanks again to everyone.

Actually, right as the doors open, there is often a line of people that want to eat early, or soon, or often (LOL!). But, that clears quickly.

About the only thing normal is that there is an early show between 7 and 9, a later show between 8:30 and 9:30, and some kind of late show around 10 or 11. Or sometimes only one show between 7:30 and 8:30 or sometimes... well you get it. Things vary depending on so many factors.

Archived