St. Petersburg Excursion

Junefarrow

I've been looking at various StP tour operators for our Baltic cruise on July but I hadn't come across this website. Their prices are dramatically lower than the other operators. That is of course encouraging but also suspicious.

The company behind the website is Classic Tours Ltd. Most stuff about StP tours is on the Northern Europe and Baltic port of call forum on Cruise Critic and there was a post about Classic Tours there. I've updated that to link it with the website you found and we'll see if anyone knows any more about them.

Dave

5 of us will be on Azura, P&O cruising ship, departing Southampton on 26 May and arrive St. Petersburg Russia on 1st June. Would anyone interested in joining as a group to take an excursion operated by local tour operator? Has anyone used http://www.tour-to-stpetersburg.com/ this tour company? June

Hi there Junefarrow,

I am on your cruise. There is a roll call for our cruise and people are talking about getting together for tours in St Petersburg. I am travelling with my father who is happier on ship tours but quite a few are organising private tours, which I normally do too. Please visit us on our roll call and I look forward to meeting up on board.

Helen

:)

5 of us will be on Azura, P&O cruising ship, departing Southampton on 26 May and arrive St. Petersburg Russia on 1st June. Would anyone interested in joining as a group to take an excursion operated by local tour operator? Has anyone used http://www.tour-to-stpetersburg.com/ this tour company? June

We have booked the Complete St. Petersburg Package with Alla Tours for 1st & 2nd June (we are also on the Azura). I suggest you open a Personal Account via their website and once you have done that you can send messages to them asking all your questions and they will reply the next day. My contact was Katya. The Complete Tour takes a maximum of 20 people and I have had a message today saying they have 20 BUT if more want to do it they will split the group into two, which could be beneficial as the price will be the same but smaller groups. If you decided on this mention to Katya that I have given you this info (petlambDurham) and you want to join this tour. Good Luck! I don't think you'll be disappointed with his tour.

cefnsidan

Yes, Alla does a Complete 2 day package tour of SPB for $300. It is very good value and Alla has a great track record, all reviews I have read have been very positive. You will be in safe hands!

PetlambDurham has a group(s) arranged that I am sure you could join. It is quick to organise as to book you only have to send passport details for the blanket Visa and you pay when on the second day of the tour. Discuss your needs with Katya, once you have registered, by using the personal account page.

Good luck and maybe see you on board!

Sarah

Saw your advice and contacted katya. She is quoting 300 dollars pp for the complete St P 2 day tour. Does this sound right to you?

Yes, it is a fixed price of $300 and a fixed itinerary. You can also pay in Euros using the exchange rate on the day. Just check out Alla tours/prices on their website.

Yes, it is a fixed price of $300 and a fixed itinerary. You can also pay in Euros using the exchange rate on the day. Just check out Alla tours/prices on their website.

Hi

Sorry to butt in but Baltic cruises are one of my pet subjects after doing one last year:D.

The fixed itinerary and fixed price tours are a good halfway house between the ship excursions and a full blown private tour. The groups are smaller than the ship tours (about 20 to 25 people per coach) but larger than a private tour. Denrus and SPB Tours also offer a similar tour.

Have a brilliant time - St. Petersburg is amazing!

Debbie:)

Hi guys

just one thought do the private excursions include visas.

we travelled to st petersburg with carnival and unless we had our own visas were only allowed off ship with a carnival bought excursion.

another tip - take a photocopy of your passport you will need to hand one in when you have your passport checked

xx

Yes with private tours you are covered by the tour company's blanket visa so you don't have the hassle and expense of getting a personal visa through the Russian consulate. However, the blanket visa does not allow you to go wandering off on your own and you must stay with your guide.

The cruise lines like to perpetuate the myth that you only have 2 options (ship tour or get your own visa) so that people sign up for the ship tours.

Debbie:)

Hi we were thinking of doing the 2 day package deal with alla tours. Is anyone else on Azura doing a tour with alla, red october etc on this cruise?. We were worried because we heard its quite hard to get off the ship as its so busy. Have they ever left without anybody if your late getting off?

Hi guys

just one thought do the private excursions include visas.

we travelled to st petersburg with carnival and unless we had our own visas were only allowed off ship with a carnival bought excursion.

another tip - take a photocopy of your passport you will need to hand one in when you have your passport checked

xx

And another tip regarding paperwork, make sure you haven't got it folded neatly, stapled, paperclipped or anything. Saw someone in our line last year with their paperwork all folded up and you could see the customs office bristle!

As for the trips itself, the one thing I would do if I had the chance to do it again would be to do a private tour, but do the big day of tours in the city itself on the first day, then a smaller tour the next day. That way you haven't got to fret about St. Petersburg's traffic and possibly missing the ship!

Enjoy, I'm sure you will!

Scrozuk

Archived