Celebrity cabins vs. Carnival cabins

steve4031

I have cruised 3 times on Carnival. One in an inside, once on an ocean view, and once on an Aft balcony. I found all 3 cabins to be very comfortable. I liked the size and decor.

I am wondering how celebrity cabins compare with Carnival. Are they a similar size? What makes them better or worse?

Thanks.

P.S. I have done some research, and I know that Celebrity excels in food service and customer service.

I can start with a few comparisons based on my previous experience on both.

I can only compare the Solstice class cabins - never been on another class of Celebrity ship.

The cabin size is comparable. More storage drawers and space on Carnival. Standard balcony sq.ft. is larger on Celebrity although I have not heard many people notice this. The Sostice standard balcony is a very nice area and not as narrow as Carnival's. Room decor definitely more elegant on Sostice , with softer colours and a cream colour sofa instead of the orange on all Carnival ships. All countertops in standard Solstice cabins are granite! On Carnval only the suites get the granite. The bathrooms on Carnival are fine but on Solstice are beautiful! The shower has a curved door and a bar for ladies at the bottom. Lots of storgae space in bathroom with glass doors for shelves and under the sink drawers. Brown mosaic wall tiles near sink . Very classy. The lighting system allows you to keep a nightlight on in the Solstice bathroom.

Both have very comfy beds .

That's all I can think of for now . Hope that helps.

We sailed on Carnival once, the cabin could have been OK, notice I say OK, not terrific which I think Celebrity staterooms are. The cabin on Carnival was an aft cabin with a nice balcony, with mediocre outdoor furniture. The size of the cabin was pretty good, but they had one side of the bed too close to the wall and most of the time I would walk around it (being careful) I would still cut or bang my lower leg on the "old" bed frame. A nice amount of storage but NO sofa or comfortable chairs for relaxed seating. NONE! There was one (1) plastic, cafeteria style chair and a small coffee table. That was quite inadequate as far as we were concerned.

On Celebrity we have always had a sofa, even if it (at times) has been love seat size, there is still be a comfortable place to sit. A coffee table that is large enough for the 2 of us to dine from. A GREAT bathroom and plenty of storage and closet room. The Celebrity staterooms always have touches of luxury, very thick towels, thick terry rug/foot mat at the shower, duvets, great pillows, great beds and sheets.

I would sail Carnival again, it can be a cheap cruise and fun is what you make it. But this time I would know what to expect, that makes a big difference, to me. The first time I really did not know what to expect. I had only sailed Celebrity, I KNEW it would not be Celebrity, but I did not know where the differences would be.

I think ALL cruises are great in one way or another I just want to be on a cruise ship!

Archived