Catalina Island Beach Break - I know...

Longboysfan

I've posted this before but will do a quickie. If you're looking for a nice relaxing afternoon at a nice beach this is a good tour. Cheap. Nice ride over, about 1/2 hour on a small ferry open topped boat, not a tender. when you arrive there are native dancers welcoming you to the island and the mandatory free cheap rummy type drink. The beach is very nice, tons of beach chairs and lots of room to spread out. They have several bars and tons of servers (too many actually) to get you drinks.

You can rent items like snorked gear, rubber floats etc.

The native dancers put on quite a show in a covered pavillion.

Negatives, make sure you find the bathrooms up the hill on the side of the beach where you disembark. The others are way on the other side of the beach area and were locked when my wife hoofed it all the way over there. Plus, you have to run the guantlet through the desiganted area for the vendors. they are a little agressive but are pretty much kept in this area.

The ride back seems a little long, probably after consuming too much alcohol. And it is a tad bumpy, several people have commented on that.

All in all, a good excrusion, cheap, if you are just looking to hang at a nice beach for the afternoon.

Archived