Transportation from Orlando Airport

shabcruzn

My family have booked hotel in Cocoa Beach near Port Caneveral, but our plane flies into Orlando Airport which is not as close. Anyone have on tips on transportation--we were figuring a taxi but if there is something easier, we'd rather do that

I just booked a one way rental with Budget for our July 2nd cruise on the Glory.For the Orlando to Port Canaveral leg I got a rate of 35.99$ for one day.Going Back the rate is higher 51.29$.This rate is for a "premium" car.They also will shuttle you to and from the Port,I think that is free.Their rental office is about one mile from the port.

We also stayed in Cocoa Beach back in Oct for our cruise. We rented from Avis from Thurs-Sat for under 100.00. The drop off was close to the hotel and my hubby and his friend dropped it off and Avis shuttled them back to the hotel where we grabbed a hotel shuttle for $5.00 per person to port. Well worth it and the ride from Orlando to Cocoa Beach was a straight shot, took us about 40 minutes.

Since you are flying in a day early. I would rent a car from Avis or Budget. I have used both in the past. They have offices very near the port and both offer free shuttle service. That way you have the car to cruise around. There is a huge Ron Jon surf shop open 24 hours. Also, don't miss Grills resturant for dinner. Just ask anyone at the hotel desk. They can direct you. It's about a 10 minute ride from the hotels.

Then in the morning, drive to the port, drop off the luggage then return the car and take the shuttle back to the ship. That way you don't have to drag all the luggage onto the shuttle. The signs to the port are very well marked. Getting to Cocoa Beach from the airport is a snap.

Since you are flying in a day early. I would rent a car from Avis or Budget. I have used both in the past. They have offices very near the port and both offer free shuttle service. That way you have the car to cruise around. There is a huge Ron Jon surf shop open 24 hours. Also, don't miss Grills resturant for dinner. Just ask anyone at the hotel desk. They can direct you. It's about a 10 minute ride from the hotels.

Then in the morning, drive to the port, drop off the luggage then return the car and take the shuttle back to the ship. That way you don't have to drag all the luggage onto the shuttle. The signs to the port are very well marked. Getting to Cocoa Beach from the airport is a snap.

Thanks for the idea! That was the main complaint of the others with me of unloading twice!

Archived