Alaska Coupon Book

fightpiter

Does anyone know the name of the book that NCL is not giving out this year and everyone else is? I had it and lost it but still want to order one before we go. Thanks.

It is called Destination Alaska. I got mine in the mail yesterday and it has a ton of freebies in it while in port... It will be fun to see how many we can get... I think it was worth the $5.:)

• 3 weeks later...
It is called Destination Alaska. I got mine in the mail yesterday and it has a ton of freebies in it while in port... It will be fun to see how many we can get... I think it was worth the $5.:)

Hi,

We're on the Star in August. Can you tell me what coupons were in the book?

I read you CAN pick one up at the terminal. Can you confirm this or should I order one from the publisher?

Hi,

We're on the Star in August. Can you tell me what coupons were in the book?

I read you CAN pick one up at the terminal. Can you confirm this or should I order one from the publisher?

I wouldn't count on it. Someone who was aboard last week said that they were there, but my guess is that someone on staff forgot to put them away after X Infinity sailed away on Friday. The publisher's own website says that NCL passengers cannot get them other than from them directly.

The fact that they are so widely distributed on other ships, cruise terminals, etc would lead me to believe the value is marginal to most, but might have a few decent coupons for some people.

I read on another thread that they were available for the Star passengers on the May 22nd cruise they were not for the 15th sailing. These books are great you can get a lot of free stuff and money off on things that you would buy anyway if you are purchasing souveniers.

they aren't great coupons,but they are fun. mostly for the t-shirt shops and those types of stores. if you plan to walk around the towns, the coupons would be fun to use. some of the freebies are for cheap little necklaces or such...but, hey, if you are buying for kids or a lot of people, free is free.

the only ones i had time to use were for ketchikan...none of the stuff was made in alaska, all were made in china...but the totem poles candles are cute.

what is worth the $5 is the information for each port. the book has little maps of the downtown areas, local history. our was a couple of years ago, but it had restaurants break downs.

the discount coupons are only for 10% to 20% off certain items. i wanted the angel pins, but that store was out of them.

i don't recommend spending too much time shopping, you will miss out on the real beauty of alaska. but when you have rain in port, like we did, shopping was better then nothing.

Archived