Which Freedom to take? RCCL Freedom of the Seas or Carnival Freedom

stiej

We currently have two cruises booked and I only have a few days to make the decision before I have to pay final balances and it isnt all 100% refundable. We have the Eastern 7night Pt Canaveral Freedom of the Seas/2 connecting oceanviews at 4500 inc tax and ins. The other cruise is the Carnival Freedom 8 day costa rica/panama 2 balcony adjoinings at 5400 inc tax and ins. We are 2 adults 2 kids. We have been on an eastern before - never to costa rica or panama. They are both the same week. We drive so pt canaveral is closer, ft lauderdale is another 3 hrs from there. Help!!!

Or you are welcome to make other suggestions - we would like to stay at the 5k point and prefer adjoining rooms oceanview or higher. And the dates are summer for the kids.

RCCL has nicer ships. In the past, I've thought that CCL had better food and pricing, though you have different cabin levels and lengths booked. How important is it to visit new ports? What do you hope to get out of your cruise? I'd typically suggest new ports, but I was less than impressed with Panama when I went (but have never been to Costa Rica). The eastern on FotS is one of the "same old itinerary" ships, but she also offers quite a bit for the kids including the ice rink, surf simulator, and water zone.

I am torn between these two choices for you.

The Carnival Freedom has a much better itinerary, considering it would be new places for you. The extra day is a big plus also.

However, the Freedom of the Seas is a much better ship and has a better kids area.

Hmmm. I'd flip a coin.

Well - we were interested in Panama (wanted to see the Canal) and Costa Rica sounded very interesting. The kids have never been to St Maartin and we havent been there in 12 yrs, but we have been to St Thomas and San Juan (just last yr). I REALLY wanted to do the 5 day disney key west, castaway cay double dip, but the price hurt my soul!

I would take the Panama Canal in a heart-beat even if it meant that I would have to place the difference between the two cruises on a credit card :eek:. You already have done the Eastern Caribbean so why not go someplace new, especially if you go from an Ocean View to a Balcony Cabin. Of course I say this because I am a proud member of the BS Club (Balcony Slob Club.)

Archived