Live from the Sun in the Baltics

PokerDave

Thanks so much Dave, for taking the time to share all this great info with us!! Did you hear about anyone using the train into Stockholm? Could you tell me where you boarded the ho-ho to get back to the ship{ 1st stop}? I was wondering if I could do the train to Stockholm and the ho-ho bus back for a one-way fare? It's great to know there is this option! Thanks.

I'm sure you could work that out with the ho-ho guys. But why would you want to? 15 minute walk to the train station and the ho-hos are right there at the dock. Then when you get to Stockholm you would want to do the ho-hos anyway, right? it was $50 to do both land lines and only $60 with the boats included. For us, we only ended up using the purple line and if you wanted to save more you could just get that one instead of the combo ticket. We were mad we didn't allow enough time to do the boats though as I think that would have been scenic and fun.

I would make sure you arranged your return ticket on the ho-ho in the morning before you left. If they were full you'd be out of luck...

I'm sure you could work that out with the ho-ho guys. But why would you want to? 15 minute walk to the train station and the ho-hos are right there at the dock. Then when you get to Stockholm you would want to do the ho-hos anyway, right? it was $50 to do both land lines and only $60 with the boats included. For us, we only ended up using the purple line and if you wanted to save more you could just get that one instead of the combo ticket. We were mad we didn't allow enough time to do the boats though as I think that would have been scenic and fun.

I would make sure you arranged your return ticket on the ho-ho in the morning before you left. If they were full you'd be out of luck...

Thanks, Dave. I thought that taking the ho-ho bus back, may be more reliable than the train. But you are right, if I choose the bus, I should just hop on at the pier. The train is around $14 for an all day travelcard, or just $8.50 for seniors. So that would take care of transportation once we got to Stockholm. Guess I'll decide as August gets closer. Thanks for your reply!

Dave - this was so much fun to read. We were on the ship with you and probably ran into you or your wife at breakfast or lunch at least once. We were in 8077 and my parents were in 8277. Fabulous trip - we really loved it. Virginia was amazing - somehow managed to be in about five places at once.

I'm having cruise withdrawal symptoms at the moment so it was great to read all of your posts and relive the trip. Small world - we used Anastasia as well. Like you, we were very pleased.

Thanks for the fun read. :)

Kathy

Dave.

Thanks for your info my husband and I are cruising the Baltics on the Sun first week of August and have booked Dave on your recommendation. What about other ports?

New City Gal

We only did arranged tours in Warnemunde and St Pete ( anastasia ). The rest we either walked

on our own ( Tallin ) or did the Ho-Ho's.

You'll love Dave, he's a hoot... You doing Magical Mecklinburg?

Hey Dave - great posts thanks bunch.

We are on the 8/3 saling and very glad t hear about the Hoho in Nynsham.

Especially since I wrote them last week and they told me they don't go there :confused: Customer service is the same everywhere, isn't it?

One question - how many runs back to the ship (Stockholm to pier) does the Hoho bus do? Only one slot, or frequently as a regular hoho would?

Thanks, again

MB

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the Warnemunde/Schwerin picture links. My husband and I are on Disney Magic 7/18 and I have ordered the brochures from the area. We have both been to Berlin, so I was intrigued with visiting Schwerin or another area on our own. You post gives me some idea of timing and that this would be a worthwhile trip, and I will enjoy the pictures.

Thanks also for the walking tour link for Tallin. I have a walking tour in other books (Rick Steves) but this is nice with the pictures. I will see how this correlates to what I have in my book.

Archived