Roll Call Queen Victoria Jan. 13 to Feb. 13, 2011

voyagerx

• 1 month later...

My pal Ron and I are booked on the cruise next Feb, and are looking forward to it. We just finised out 11th and 12th transatlantics on the QM2 and love sailing with Cunard. We did the first leg of the QV world cruise in '09 from NYC to LAX.

We're based in Los Angeles, so this is an easy cruise, no trans con or trans atlantic flights before or after. There is a thread in the Cunard Roll calls for this and it looks like there are a number of g&l cruisers from what I read. Perhaps they can post here too.

We had a terrific crowd of guys ( and a couple gals ) on the east and west bound this last crossing. I would think there will be lots more on this cruise.

Cheers Mike.

We crossed on the QM2 in 2006 with Pied Piper and enjoyed her very much. We are boarding in NYC and will be joined by friends from San Diego for the LA-Hawaii-LA segment. I'll check out the Cunard site you mentioned. Perhaps we can all set up a time to meet, if there is not a GLBT meeting mentioned in the ship's daily schedule. Usually, the Commodore bar is the meeting place for gays on the QM2. Let's keep in touch and share information of interest, particularly with respect to ports. My partner and I try to avoid, when possible, ship's excursions. We have been to Hawaii three times and are somewhat familiar with the ports we will be visiting on this cruise.

BigMike911,

Just noticed the bottom of your post. It appears you are on the cruise following ours. Too bad. Is the Cunard site you mentioned on CC or some other site. Could find no mention of the QM2 NYC to LA or LA to Hawaii cruises or anything related to GLBT.

Well I have done it again, I am blaming my dyslexia for this one, or could it be old age. Oh Well. When I booked the cruise, the original route was Southampton to NYC, NYC to Lax, Lax to Hawaii and return. However, in their usual quest for customers, Cunard has changed it and there are now two LAX to Hawaii cruises, and I think a 5 day to Mexico inbetween.

But to answer your question. There is the roll call for most crossings, and there is one for the 17th of feb already going. Since your going to do an earlier one, you might search the QV roll call threads for a roll call for your trip, or just make one yourself.

The rolls calls will wander off the first page as others post, but you can always 'wake it up' by posting a new message.

Sorry we won't be on your cruise, or you on ours, but have a great time

Mike

Archived