Thomson Dream - 2 more reviews

I have just read on the " other website" namely cruise dot co dot uk, two more reviews that were only posted last night - one very late as it was not on at 10.30 pm last night.

I have not been on the ship but however bad the issues are or whether they exist to any extent or not it is my opinion that this publicity is damaging and can not really be left to run all summer until November without some visible signs of change. Some areas can not be addressed so quickly but there needs to be something quite immediate take place on board to stem the flow of these critical reviews.

I am not concerned with these reviews as they do not state which cruise they were writing about. It could have been one of the firsto two.

If there are bad reviews in say a months time then Thomsons will have to worry.

Same here dave.................Says Jim with positive head on

Jim,

Why worry about something that is out of your hands, I'm sure there are some very good professional moaners about :D

A Holiday is what you make it? not looking for complaints before you go.

I will enjoy my holiday ..:eek:

I'm not changing my cruise on other peoples opinions, I'm sure we wouldn't all like each others, decor, eating and drinking habits, cleanliness expectations etc, so why not go and make your own mind up. If you don't like it, don't go with them again. I've also paid alot of money for 4 of us to go, but I'm making my own mind up on what I think of Thomsons Dream.

Jim,

Why worry about something that is out of your hands, I'm sure there are some very good professional moaners about :D

A Holiday is what you make it? not looking for complaints before you go.

I will enjoy my holiday ..:eek:

RR

Not worrying anymore.Admit intially after the first reviews but hey ho,good company and a few beers and i`m happy..I intend to and will enjoy my holiday.

RR

Not worrying anymore.Admit intially after the first reviews but hey ho,good company and a few beers and i`m happy..I intend to and will enjoy my holiday.

I think that may need to be my line of thinking too! I'm stressing so much about this I'm loosing sleep. Husband says that in the days before the internet I would have been none the wiser, so lets get onboard & make our own decision!

I think that may need to be my line of thinking too! I'm stressing so much about this I'm loosing sleep. Husband says that in the days before the internet I would have been none the wiser, so lets get onboard & make our own decision!

Hi Jo,

Jim's got the right attitude to it.

If you read my ship's review you'll have seen that apart from the cold / lukewarm food in the buffets and the poor A.I. selection we had a good time. (But I mainly drink wine or beer and the selection of wines were fine).

We were out on excursions in the daytime most days and ate in the Orion in the evening so had hot food served on hot plates every night.

Great entertainment and good ship's excursions too.

I have been working over the 3 weekends since return and will get a general holiday review up after the weekend.

Berwyn

Of the 1400 odd passengers on the Dream each week I wonder just how many have.

a) posted a review

b) replied to a thread in a cruise forum

c) done any online research before cruising

I suspect it is very few.

I'm inclinded to agree with you all no point in worrying now,my family of 5 not going till 10th Aug but hoping most things will be sorted out by then,this is our 1st cruise and we're celebrating my dad's 60th birthday will make the best of whatever happens but don't think thomsons will want too many bad reviews as this is supposed to be their flagship now,will keep fingers crossed just feel sorry for those who have been on their cruise and not had a good experience.

Exactly Jo!. Some have thought that the Dream was dated in the furniture and decor, but i've heard different from my friend that went on it's first sail and she's quite picky.

It's clean, the staff, food and entertaiment are great so i'm happy with that, so roll on September!! :D

Archived