Are prices raised during WOW sale?

Just wondering how many of you exp Royal cruisers have noticed the prices being raised during the wow sale? Alot of newbies may see the chance at getting OBC.. and then jump on it, but in truth, they are paying more for the cruise that was much cheaper to book before the sale. Just wanted to hear some first hand accounts, if you care to share... Thanks and have a great day.

None of the cruises I've ever had my eye on for the WOW sale had price increases right beforhand. As one who is lowly gold, and does not have access to other discounts, WOW always was a good deal for us. We are a family of 4, and my husband does not like to give the cruise line such a large deposit in advance, so the reduced deposit is a plus for us too, allowing us to book far our without a huge layout of money.

mmmm, WOW sale? I asked my CVP last week and she said she has not heard that there will be one soon... Anyone hear anything? I've got $100 in my pocket I want to lay down on a nice one for 2011 or something. :-)

I got the email this morning. It's tues and weds next week.

I watch the prices and have seen a couple of my cruises have a price increase that coincided with a WOW sale. Not all of them do - itineraries that are popular or limited tend to be more likely to raise in price. I would rather book early and watch for price drops so I can get my aft balcony cabin than wait for a sale.

For some people the reduced deposits and OBC are worth paying a little more later.

I watch the prices and have seen a couple of my cruises have a price increase that coincided with a WOW sale. Not all of them do - itineraries that are popular or limited tend to be more likely to raise in price. I would rather book early and watch for price drops so I can get my aft balcony cabin than wait for a sale.

For some people the reduced deposits and OBC are worth paying a little more later.

How are you paying a little more later? You can watch for price drops and have them honored for WOW sale bookings too. It states this right on the invoice for WOW sale booked cruises.

How are you paying a little more later? You can watch for price drops and have them honored for WOW sale bookings too. It states this right on the invoice for WOW sale booked cruises.
When I booked a cruise on Legend on the day the itinerary opened, it was $1300 pp for a JS. If I had waited for the WOW sale, the price had increased to $1700 pp. I had to pay $450 pp for the deposit because it was a 13-night cruise. If I had waited for the WOW sale, I could have only paid $200 pp for the deposit and received $300 OBC. I would rather give RC the $900 deposit and pay $1700 later than wait for the WOW sale and only give RC $400 deposit but pay $3000 later and get $300 OBC. The price never dropped on that cruise - only increased.

Some people don't have $900 available for a deposit so are willing to wait for a WOW "sale" to get the reduced deposit.

EDIT: I think the deposit is more than that now for a JS. I don't know if they offer a reduced deposit, even for a WOW sale.

Just wondering how many of you exp Royal cruisers have noticed the prices being raised during the wow sale? Alot of newbies may see the chance at getting OBC.. and then jump on it, but in truth, they are paying more for the cruise that was much cheaper to book before the sale. Just wanted to hear some first hand accounts, if you care to share... Thanks and have a great day.

Prices fluctuate so much as it is without throwing in a special sale that it's just too hard to tell. Last October when I was watching a particular sailing the prices did remain the same when the sale went into effect, but that might not be the case for every sailing. I would go to cruise fish dot net and check out the history and availability for the sailing(s) your interested in. That would give you a good idea if the pricing might go up or down.

Prices go up and down all the time, depending upon how particular cruises and cabin categories are selling. So, yes, sometimes price increases happen at the same as a WOW sale, but others may go down, too. I haven't seen any pattern of raising prices for the sale.

This doesn't count as a price drop, correct? I booked a month ago. :mad:

If the price of your cruise is lower, then it would be a price drop. The Wow sale is usually just reduced deposit, plus an OBC incentive. The sale doesn't affect the cruise price. Whatever you don't pay up front in the reduced deposit is added on later at final payment.

So....

What are my odds of calling up RCI, asking for $25 OBC for each of us, and getting it? We're only on a 4 day, so I'm not sure what they'd offer through the wow sale.

The OBC they are offering is per cabin based on the length of sailing...cruises under 7nt receive $50 ..but it is only for NEW bookings..and only for cruises after Sept. 1, 2010...

Archived