LeHavre to Honfleur

GAJE

Anyone with experience getting from LeHavre to Honfleur without using a ship shuttle service? Your advice on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Betty

Anyone with experience getting from LeHavre to Honfleur without using a ship shuttle service? Your advice on how to do that would be greatly appreciated.

Betty

Most inexpensive way is to take the local bus. You could always team up with another couple and take a taxi.

If you are not opposed to renting a car there is a rental car agency that will bring the car to the cruiseport terminal for you. We are using them and they have been very responsive to my email requests. We leave tomorrow on our cruise!:D

le_havre@rentacar.fr

Julien and Sullivan have been the two individuals who set the rental up for me and answered all my questions.

diane

we did a short walk into town...got a taxi...there were others waiting...so there were 6 of us all together...

the taxi driver spoke no english...so in my broken french, I negotiated a fee to be divided by 6....in 30 min or so we were in breathtaking honfleur...spent the day there...

and on the way back , met up with the same people we taxied with and took another one back to the ship...

all of us were over 50....

it was a great day...no hassles with ship tours..had lots of freedom to do what we liked...

I dont remember what we paid for the fare...

learn a few basic french words..have a pen and paper to write amounts for fares...

Archived