Queen to christen Epic.

Queen to christen NCL EPIC

NCL has announced today that the USA's 'Queen of Country' - Reba McEntire, will christen Norwegian Epic. The ceremony will take place in New York on July 2.

McEntire, who recently hosted the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards, has achieved legendary status in the music world having sold over 55 million albums worldwide.

Of course, she is also an avid cruiser and has taken several family cruise holidays, most recently on Norwegian Gem in the Mediterranean.

“I met Reba and her family on Norwegian Gem and saw how much they were enjoying the freedom and flexibility that Freestyle Cruising offers. Later, I discovered that they are frequent customers on our ships which is why I believe that Reba is the perfect choice to christen our largest and most innovative ship, Norwegian Epic,” said Kevin Sheehan, chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. “We are more than thrilled that such a celebrated performer as Reba, who also has experienced our product firsthand, will serve as Norwegian Epic’s Godmother.”

CMT+Giants+Honoring+Reba+McEntire+Arrivals+DwamVQkL7gkl.jpg

PE

For some Reason I thought u meant the queen of England at first lol if it was her I probably would have cancelled my cruise!

Her Majesty is actually Queen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, not Queen of England!!!! :) Believe she is also the Queen of a few other Commonwealth Countries!!!!!

Her Majesty is actually Queen of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, not Queen of England!!!! :) Believe she is also the Queen of a few other Commonwealth Countries!!!!!

She's also the queen of my country, I wouldn't spit to give her a slide..... Just the way I've been brought up can't wait for Australia to become a republic

She's also the queen of my country, I wouldn't spit to give her a slide..... Just the way I've been brought up can't wait for Australia to become a republic

.....Just the way you've been brought up eh?...Guess that says it all (thought this was a site for constructive info about cruising)! :rolleyes:

Archived