Northstar vs. Coastal Helicopter

Almagetty

I was wondering if I could get some input as to which company I should go with for a Glacier Helicopter trip out of Juneau. Northstar spends more time on the ice and seems to be more of an "adventure". Is it really worth the additional $50.00 per person? We are a group of 9 (4 adults, 3 teens, 2 pre-teens). I realize we will have to travel in two groups to get out to the glacier, but Northstar will accomodate us so that we are on our glacier walk together.

I appreciate the help!:)

Getty

Norwegian Dream 06/09/05

We did Coastal 2 summers ago and loved them. These are not the fly boys that come up for the summer for the tourists, they flew year round in all kinds of weather. We landed on the glacier and walked over to a waterfall...would definitely use them again

We took Northstar in 2003 and thought the whole experience was worth it. We did the two hours on the Glacier and wished we had picked the four hour tour. I highly recommend them. Which tour offers you more time on the ice? We wanted to go with them this August but the kids won't be old enough. :(

Misty

Archived