Ventura quiet spots?

lexilexi07

Hello,

We are planning on booking the Ventura during the summer holidays, it will be myself, my husband and my elderly parents. We know its a family friendly ship which me and my husband are completely fine with and my parents to an extent, however they are concerend that it may be too family friendly for them for instance they vision kids running riot and being loud etc and are worried they will be unable to find a quiet spot outside aswell as in the dinning areas, is this the case? I believe that the children will be very well behaved and have their own areas to pass their time?

Just to clarify we have no issue with the family friendly and we know that kids will be kids which should be the case as it is their holiday too:) we just really fancy this cruise over and above the rest but want to put our minds at rest that if they wanted my parents could find peacefull spots over the ship to realx.

Thanks

Hello,

We are planning on booking the Ventura during the summer holidays, it will be myself, my husband and my elderly parents. We know its a family friendly ship which me and my husband are completely fine with and my parents to an extent, however they are concerend that it may be too family friendly for them for instance they vision kids running riot and being loud etc and are worried they will be unable to find a quiet spot outside aswell as in the dinning areas, is this the case? I believe that the children will be very well behaved and have their own areas to pass their time?

Just to clarify we have no issue with the family friendly and we know that kids will be kids which should be the case as it is their holiday too:) we just really fancy this cruise over and above the rest but want to put our minds at rest that if they wanted my parents could find peacefull spots over the ship to realx.

Thanks

Like every ship the buffets do get busy at peak times. We always had breakfast by about 8.30am and found plenty of tables and no problems with crowds. There is no denying lunch time gets crowded, and we tended to find an outside table near the pools and then get food from the buffet. One of the restuarants is also open for lunch and afternoon tea and I inagine that would be much less crowded. There is a coffee shop in the atrium where you can also gets salads, sandwiches, cakes etc. and there are plenty of places there to sit, relax and watch the world go by.

I imagine it is busy and crowded around the pool areas in the summer, and there will be lots of kids. If you want somewhere quiet to read a book and relax I would recommend the promenade on deck 7 (one side is smoking) where there are plenty of deck chairs. This is sufficiently far enough from the pool areas that it will probably be quiet.

We were on Ventura last month and loved every minute of it , the schools were not on holiday when we were onboard so we did not see many kids although i heard that there was about 200 on board , they have their own kids clubs and are well entertained throughout the day , i can imagine that during the summer holidays then things might be different and the pool areas may be quite busy with the kids but there is always an adults only pool at the back of the ship.there are plenty of quiet areas on the ship where you can escape the kids for a bit of peace and quiet if that is what your parents are looking for , both inside and outdoors. Any kids that we saw during the evening dining times were very well behaved and we never had any cause for complaint . As i said it may be different during the summer but this ship really does cater well for all ages and all tastes so everybody should have a great time , enjoy the cruise.

Should also have said, have you considered Azura? It is still a ship with lots of children's facilities on board (we are travelling with our children in August), but it is has been marketed slightly different with less emphasis on facilities for the children so perhaps fewer bookings from families? Therefore, it may well prove a little quieter with more space to get away from it all (e.g. the retreat). We picked up a really good deal for the end of August and when I checked with P&O there are currently under 300 children booked onboard which is very few given it is still school hoidays and they can take up to 800. If you ask P&O they will tell you how many children booked on a particular cruise.

We were considering that one as it looks like a really nice ship but I think the 16 nights may be a bit too long. :)

We did 14 nights on Ventura in April. We had been bit unsure about going for that long as we had only done 7 night cruises before and I usually get bored after 10 days on holiday. It was great though, and now I am looking forward to an even longer holiday. However, I can understand where you are coming from, and there are a lot of sea days.

Have a great cruise whatever you decide!

If anyone does find a quiet spot on the ventura will they let me know where it is, apart from the bridge which was very quiet. And you can

forget the library that's situated in the main atrium.

The pool at the back of the ship was reasonably quiet. If i remember correctly its an adult only pool and i found it a great place to relax...until the wedding turned up and the ships photographers decided to take over.

The pool at the back of the ship was reasonably quiet. If i remember correctly its an adult only pool and i found it a great place to relax...until the wedding turned up and the ships photographers decided to take over.

Interesting: I had also thought that the Terrace Pool was very much a family area - it's very close to the Beach House buffet. I thought that it was the Oasis pool that was more likely to be adults-only.

Interesting: I had also thought that the Terrace Pool was very much a family area - it's very close to the Beach House buffet. I thought that it was the Oasis pool that was more likely to be adults-only.

Im pretty sure its adults only. I certainly do not remember seeing any kids in there. Its quite a deep pool as well. I saw kids in the two main pools.

Im pretty sure its adults only. I certainly do not remember seeing any kids in there. Its quite a deep pool as well. I saw kids in the two main pools.

The Terrace pool is definitely supposed to be adults only . The children's paddling pool and little swimming pool is one deck up from the back of the beach house on deck 16 (outside the children's club). The oasis pool is adults-only too.

I didn't think the Terrace Pool was adults only. It's very close to our cabin so I was very interested in at and checked the deck plan on the P&O site. It says about the Terrace Pool '... this area will appeal particularly to families.'

The P&O website says the Terrace Pool is an adult only one. I suspect it has been changed at some point. It isn't a very child-friendly pool anyway as pretty deep.

"Riviera Deck:

Accommodation for all tastes and budgets can be found here, from inside cabins to balcony cabins and luxurious suites. Outside is the adult-only Terrace Pool."

The terrace pool was adults only on our Christmas cruise. We sat most days at the Spa end of the ship - sometimes down in the spa pool area but also on the deck above. There are a lot of loungers there still but it is more peaceful than the main pool as it doesn't have the loud music. We found the covered area was quite quiet most days too as most passengers seemed to prefer full sun - although on sea days it was pretty full everywhere on deck.

For a bit of peace and quiet on sea days, it is quiet inside the ship. We would sunbathe in the morning then wander around inside for a bit after lunch, having coffee, reading in the atrium etc. Not empty, but pretty quiet and we found it very relaxing.

For dining - we breakfasted sometimes in the main restaurant and sometimes the buffet - and same for lunch. We went for breakfast whenever but avoided the lunchtime (12-2) rush and never had any trouble getting a seat in the buffet area.

There are a lot of people onboard but generally we found it didn't feel really full apart from on deck in the afternoons on sea days.

Archived