OBC still possible with WOW sale?

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but couldn't find an answer

Already booked for a 2011 cruise but now there is the WOW sale (guess I should have waited).....

I don't want to drop the reservation and re-book

I don't need to take advantage of the reduced down payment

I don't want to "cheat" the WOW sale

I DO want the $200 OBC

anything I can do???

Your help is much appreciated!!!!!!

Already booked for a 2011 cruise but now there is the WOW sale (guess I should have waited).....

I DO want the $200 OBC

anything I can do???

200$ is only for 10+ nights, a 7 night is 100$. Nothing can be done it is a sale for new bookings only.

I DO want the $200 OBC

anything I can do???

the only way you can get OBC is to buy 100 shares of stock

I DO want the $200 OBC

anything I can do???

the only way you can get OBC is to buy 100 shares of stock. You don't get $200 OBC unless your cruise is at least 10 nights.

this just seems incredibly unfair to me ---- I booked our cruise on Thursdayy (May 13th) and the sale was announced on Friday

Should I contact the cruise line or my TA to voice my opinion?

this just seems incredibly unfair to me ---- I booked our cruise on Thursdayy (May 13th) and the sale was announced on Friday

Sure, but I honestly don't think it will do any good. I'm surprised that your TA wasn't aware of the upcoming sale when you booked. I received my email from RCI the morning of May 13 and I'm not even a TA.

It won't change anything, you can voice away but it says for new bookings only and if you cancel they will flag it and you will lose the OBC anyway.

although disappointing, thank you for your responses

I will call both the cruiseline and my TA to let them know my opinion --- it is truly a shame that I feel "stupid" for not waiting an extra day--but I guess I will get over it by 2011.

sure seems like a bad way to treat your customers

although disappointing, thank you for your responses

I will call both the cruiseline and my TA to let them know my opinion --- it is truly a shame that I feel "stupid" for not waiting an extra day--but I guess I will get over it by 2011.

sure seems like a bad way to treat your customers

You can't blame RCI.

If anybody is at fault it would be your TA as they should have been aware of the WOW sale dates the day you booked.

You can't blame RCI.

If anybody is at fault it would be your TA as they should have been aware of the WOW sale dates the day you booked.

As far as I know, TA's didn't know until about the 12th that there was a wow sale.

The wow sale states that bookings canceled and re booked after the 11th would not qualify.

RCL always does this so you can't rebook

You can't blame RCI.

In fairness to the TA I got my "personal" WOW sale notification on the morning of the 13th, but did not get my "TA" one until way late in the afternoon almost at closing so the TA may not have gotten it yet when she booked

In fairness to the TA I got my "personal" WOW sale notification on the morning of the 13th, but did not get my "TA" one until way late in the afternoon almost at closing so the TA may not have gotten it yet when she booked

OK, then we will give her TA the benefit of the doubt.:)

the TA did not know and I did get sme freebies thrown in by the agency

just one last word before I let this thing die:

the vast majorities of businesses will make some type of price adjustment ---examlpe: if I buy a dress and it goes on sale within two weeks from date of purchase, the store will make a price adjustment---I understand that it is the same deal with RCCL (price drops, they adjust if requested)

I would hope that there would be some similar compensation to those among us who were dumb enough to book a cruise last week---the 100 dollar OBC is applied

Oh well..... live and learn.....hope I don't feel that the rest of my choice to book and sail with RCCL was a bad decision

the TA did not know and I did get sme freebies thrown in by the agency

just one last word before I let this thing die:

the vast majorities of businesses will make some type of price adjustment ---examlpe: if I buy a dress and it goes on sale within two weeks from date of purchase, the store will make a price adjustment---I understand that it is the same deal with RCCL (price drops, they adjust if requested)

I would hope that there would be some similar compensation to those among us who were dumb enough to book a cruise last week---the 100 dollar OBC is applied

Oh well..... live and learn.....hope I don't feel that the rest of my choice to book and sail with RCCL was a bad decision

Every time there is a wow sale, someone is not happy because they booked the day before and aren't eligible for the OBC. The cruiseline will not bend the rule

OP: If it makes you feel any better, I am in the same boat (no pun intended) and booked Allure for 2012!!!! Oh well, I suppose I could cancel and wait for the next WOW sale whenever that might be but I got the room I wanted during Spring Break so I am not going to let 100 bucks ruin my day. I too will call and voice. To make it more annoying, I also got some $50 coupons from C&A last week but those also have conditions that keep me from using them. Urghhh!

I too had been waiting for the WOW sale and finally booked on Wednesday, the 12th. I got home from booking and saw on CC that the dates had been announced (although I still haven't gotten an email about it). Upon reading the fine print, I noticed that groups are not allowed to take advantage of the sale, so since I am traveling with a group I felt a little better. I still don't know why groups can't use the WOW sale- it's not like I got a better rate as a group or anything. I paid the same price for my cabin as anyone else booking the same cabin would have. Oh well. $50pp in a the grand scheme of a cruise isn't worth complaining over. I was more looking forward to the reduced deposit, but I worked that out so all is well.

I too had been waiting for the WOW sale and finally booked on Wednesday, the 12th. I got home from booking and saw on CC that the dates had been announced (although I still haven't gotten an email about it). Upon reading the fine print, I noticed that groups are not allowed to take advantage of the sale, so since I am traveling with a group I felt a little better. I still don't know why groups can't use the WOW sale- it's not like I got a better rate as a group or anything. I paid the same price for my cabin as anyone else booking the same cabin would have. Oh well. $50pp in a the grand scheme of a cruise isn't worth complaining over. I was more looking forward to the reduced deposit, but I worked that out so all is well.

right but you are getting perks due to the group so that is why they limit it.

I guess. I will be getting $100OBC per cabin if I can get 8 of them booked- I'm up to 6 so far. I'm still looking! I will also get a free birth if I can get up to 8- that will be nice.

remember the free berth is based on the greatest number of cabin type and it is the base fare minus the fees and NCF's and the "free berth" still pays taxes and fees.

Archived