My Documents

mistory

The craziness continues with my TA. :(I called yesterday and made the final payment for my room. He tried to charge me $100 more than what the final payment was suppose to be. We go back and forth and then he finally says you are right. Gave him my card number to take the final payment. I kept checking my account and about an hour later he had ran the final payment correctly. Problem is when I go on carnival.com I don't see my documents. It still says booking on hold. I thought I read somewhere as soon as you make the final payment you can see your documents. Is this true?

Sounds like the TA bought group space. Some do that and book you as a group and you never know it. Once the whole group has paid, the TA releases the unsold rooms back to Carnival and then you'll be able to see docs. It was about 30 days out the last time I sailed with a group.

Made final payment on my upcoming cruise on 5/4.. viewed and printed my docs on 5/6, two days later. Up until that point, the notation also said "booking on hold..." etc. but as soon as Carnival was aprised of our payment the documents were viewable. Good luck.

My guess would be that the TA has not paid Carnival yet.

:eek: The charge should be directly from Carnival and not the TA. Carnival then pays commission back to the TA.

This is bad business. A few years ago a local TA was doing this, collecting deposits and funds by the TA and then never paying the cruise lines, hotels, tour operators, etc. Eventually the scheme backfired and people lost thousands of dollars and got no vacation out of it.

There is a window of a few days until you are able to see the Edocs. The TA should call Carnival and do the payment directly. Group cruises are a wee problem. One gal at work booked on a group using her Airmiles credit card points and she ever got bookig number or her Edocs until two weeks before the cruise. She couldn't even access the flight information for the cruise air they had booked. Personally, if I can't have my Edocs ASAP I am not happy........my funpass for my September cruise is done, now I just have to go in and do the final payment within two weeks.

There is a window of a few days until you are able to see the Edocs. The TA should call Carnival and do the payment directly. Group cruises are a wee problem. One gal at work booked on a group using her Airmiles credit card points and she ever got bookig number or her Edocs until two weeks before the cruise. She couldn't even access the flight information for the cruise air they had booked. Personally, if I can't have my Edocs ASAP I am not happy........my funpass for my September cruise is done, now I just have to go in and do the final payment within two weeks.

Thanks everyone. It is a group cruise. Today was the last payment day. I have my booking number and I now have my room assignment. Every payment taken from my card says Carnival. I guess all is well. I'm just anxious is all. HEE HEE :D. Did my first shopping today for my cruise and got some AWESOME deals. SUPER excited!!!

Archived