after debarkation on Victory

lrtjs5

We are flying in (husband and I) very early in the am for our departure on the Victory. We will not be leaving till around 9 at night when we return. What can we do in the interim time after we get back? We will have all our luggage but can't see waiting at the airport for over 12 hours???? Help please!

Well, you can drop your luggage off at the pier without checking in right away. I don't know how early they'll take it, we got there at 11:00 and the porters were there in full force taking everyone's bags. After that, without your luggage , you'd be free to roam around Old San Juan for the afternoon. They'll let you in the terminal in the morning, but after you check in you have to wait until about 1:00 before they let you on the ship. If I had it to do over again this is how I would do it:

Arrive at 11:00 and give bags to porter

walk to one of the many nearby restaurants for a nice lunch

go back to the pier about 12:30-1:00 and check in, get on the ship

once checked in, you can leave the ship again, and re-enter very easily. So get back off the ship and go explore Old San Juan. If you've never been, the forts are kinda cool.

Alternatively, you could book a tour with someone who can throw your bags in their car. We did this the day we got back from our cruise because we had a late flight, and had a really good time. Honestly one of the highlights of our vacation. The guide can pick you up from the airport, take you on a tour, and drop you off at the cruise pier that evening. The guide we used was Raul Rosado, and as I mentioned it was a lot of fun. He took is to El Yunque, Luquillo, and a natural waterslide. Lots of waterfalls, hikes, photo opportunities, swimming, etc. It really was a great time.

Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you.

Oops! I misunderstood your question in that you were asking about disembarkation day, I thought you were asking about embarkation day.

Anyway, it still holds true. You could hire a tour guide who will carry your luggage with you in the car. This is what we did.

There's also a restaurant people always talk about in Old San Juan because they'll hold your luggage for the day while you explore. It's called Barrachina (http://barrachina.com/) They have a good Pina Colada there too if you get the urge. :-)

You might also think about doing a Segway tour after you get of the ship. They are located next to the ferry terminal. They have a 2 hour tour, but by the time you do your training and such it will be closer to 3 hours. They will lock your luggage up for you while you are on the tour. Right next door to them is a place that will hold your luggage for a small fee ($1-2 per bag or so) for the rest of the day. Also when you get off the ship the porters will take your luggage to the Segway tour or the luggage place (GPS Store). Just tip them. Also for persons staying at the Sheraton, the porters will take your bags to the hotel for you. We had them do this (they offered). Had 4 big bags and our carry on's, gave him $10 and he was very happy and kept saying thank you over and over again.

We are flying in (husband and I) very early in the am for our departure on the Victory. We will not be leaving till around 9 at night when we return. What can we do in the interim time after we get back? We will have all our luggage but can't see waiting at the airport for over 12 hours???? Help please!

We did the luggage express program that Carnival offers. You each pay an extra $20 for the service. Carnival prints your boarding passes for you. They also take your luggage to the airport.:) You get special tags--you pick up your bags right by the door of the luggage room--take them through customs--and they are put on a truck. You will not see them again until you reach your home airport. It worked great for us!!!

The charge goes right onto your S&S card--so does the airline baggage fee.

thanks for the information. I have not heard of this service.

No problem! They will leave information in your cabin about it on either Monday or Tuesday. It has to be filled out and returned to guest services by the end of the day Thursday if I recall.

It really worked out for us quite well!! :D

Archived