average age & weight

Well to be honest it is simply gross to look at some overweight people. I know that some people are "slightly" overweight and it does not look gross but some are pretty horrible. You can see all kinds of gross things like "muffin-tops" and other things types that I forgot name to.

The problem is that most of these people choose to be fat. Also, it is funny that most of these people claim is that their fatness is for medical reasons and it is simply not true. Just an excuse to be fat.

Most of the cruising people are not very young and like to eat like crazy which are one of the reasons you see quite a few fatties on the ship.

Please don't bash me for thinking fat is gross. Every person has their own understanding of grossness. E.g: a lot of people would agree that popping zits is gross etc

OK wow, that was really rude. I happened to be fat and no I didn't CHOOSE to be this way, in fact I have done and continue to to everything I can to change it. It is beacuse of people like you that people acn't be happy just they way they are. I understand you were just expressing your opinion and now so am I. I hope you never have a serious illness or some of the other things I have endured in my life to make me this way. But if that happens I hope and pray people are more sensitive and understanding that you are. Ok getting off my soap box now...I feel better. :o

Platinum of the Seas...LOL...FROM THE TOP ROPE!!! I love it. I'm totally there. I heard there is this AMAZING after party that takes place in the windjammer prep kitchen. It's SUPER exclusive, you have to get on the list way way early. Like a year... I'm totes there!!

As for the heavy peeps at the pool...Well yeah, they'll be there. As will the blindingly white people. But there will be this one ridiculiusly hot girl and at least 2 Adonis types. The point is....it'll all be there.

...this seems such a gross generalization to say most people were overweight and middle age. Were most people really middle age on the Oasis?

As I stated a few posts back, it was a sweeping generalization. Most people on Oasis were not overweight or middle aged by any means. Being as it is not summer break yet, there were fewer families with children onboard than there will be in the next few months, but there were many young couples and many slender and average sized people.

Yes, there were overweight people on the ship. There are also overweight people in the grocery store, in the mall, in church, and in the dentist's office. People of all shapes and sizes abound on this planet, right? ;)

Platinum of the Seas...LOL...FROM THE TOP ROPE!!! I love it. I'm totally there. I heard there is this AMAZING after party that takes place in the windjammer prep kitchen. It's SUPER exclusive, you have to get on the list way way early. Like a year... I'm totes there!!

As for the heavy peeps at the pool...Well yeah, they'll be there. As will the blindingly white people. But there will be this one ridiculiusly hot girl and at least 2 Adonis types. The point is....it'll all be there.

I will be the blindingly white person. I TRY to get a tan, but it just doesn't happen when you sit in an office all day long :p - COME ON LOTTO :D

I have to agree with Olympic Gold. I will also stand by my assertion that most people on our cruise were overweight. I am a nurse and do understand Body Mass Index. I am very much aware of what is healthy. Look at the percentages of people in the US and other places who are obese! Also, some of these same people were wearing string bikinis with everything hanging out. I was simply amazed and did think how their health was going to be in a few years. Diabetes, strokes, high blood pressure are part of our health scene. We should be working on prevention! As for that man who ran to get his food from his scooter- come on!!! First- he was scamming everyone and 2nd-it was gross!

I still had a great time-but yes- most people on the ship were overweight!:eek:

I just figured it out...I have to lose 3.36 ounces each week from now until my next cruise in order to lose 10 pounds. I bet I could do that by just saying "no" to some goodie or extra once every day. Wonder if I will?

they shut put scales under the line you stand on to get your picture taken when boarding the ship; they already know how old everyone is, then they can publish the median age, height and weight by sex of everyone on the ship and stop all the arguing ;)

Two things.... whoever said fat people chose to be fat couldn't be more wrong. I don't know anyone overweight who enjoys it or chooses it. But I'm not going to get into it because that was obviously a stupid comment from someone who thinks their Sh!t dont stink.

Also... someone said they asked a woman in a thong bikini to cover up... I wish they would have done that on our last cruise on Enchantment! There were loads and loads of young gorgeous brazillian girls in thong bikinis like it was normal... and DBF's eyes sure made their way to them. :o

I heard that there is a secret spot on the aft of deck 14, you have to bring your ID because they check your age and then you must have less than 7% body fat to enter this area. I heard it is the most exclusive spot on the OASIS!!!!!

You must also sign a waiver that you will not eat at the Windjammer. You can sign this waiver on RCI site before you cruise.

ENJOY!!!!!;)

Your is the best so far!!!!:p:D

Please just go and enjoy yourself!!

Well to be honest it is simply gross to look at some overweight people. I know that some people are "slightly" overweight and it does not look gross but some are pretty horrible. You can see all kinds of gross things like "muffin-tops" and other things types that I forgot name to.

The problem is that most of these people choose to be fat. Also, it is funny that most of these people claim is that their fatness is for medical reasons and it is simply not true. Just an excuse to be fat.

Most of the cruising people are not very young and like to eat like crazy which are one of the reasons you see quite a few fatties on the ship.

Please don't bash me for thinking fat is gross. Every person has their own understanding of grossness. E.g: a lot of people would agree that popping zits is gross etc

Your right about everyone having their own understanding of grossness...Just most of us are smart enought not to say it..

I dont care what anyone on the ship looks like I am on my vacation. I am there to have fun and so are they. do I need to care if someones goes to the buffet 4 times a day? NO! thats their choise. it doesnt make them a bad person. If you do not want to see over weight people then go somewhere like a resort that makes you work out all day and only lets skinny people in.

I am not bashing you for thinking fat people are gross i am bashing you for making a stupid statement. wow guess I dont hate fat people just stupid ones......

Two things.... whoever said fat people chose to be fat couldn't be more wrong. I don't know anyone overweight who enjoys it or chooses it. But I'm not going to get into it because that was obviously a stupid comment from someone who thinks their Sh!t dont stink.

Also... someone said they asked a woman in a thong bikini to cover up... I wish they would have done that on our last cruise on Enchantment! There were loads and loads of young gorgeous brazillian girls in thong bikinis like it was normal... and DBF's eyes sure made their way to them. :o

I think many or most overweight people do chose it because they choose to eat more calories than they burn. If they ate less and burned more, they would lose weight. Is it hard? You bet! I am working on it myself. But nobody forces you to eat that extra cookie or to not get your butt to the gym. That is something we all decide every day.

Since I have yet to see a ship full of super models (either male or female), me thinks that "those who live in glass houses . . . " What's next, a thread about people wearing ugly clothing and how someone might be offended?

Also, before bashing others for the way they look, some might want to take a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg hard look in the mirror because remember "pretty is as pretty does" ;)

I think many or most overweight people do chose it because they choose to eat more calories than they burn. If they ate less and burned more, they would lose weight. Is it hard? You bet! I am working on it myself. But nobody forces you to eat that extra cookie or to not get your butt to the gym. That is something we all decide every day.

This is just plain ignorance! That may well be true for some people, but for me, my doctors wish it were that easy. I can speak from experience there really are medical conditiond that prevent you from losing weight and cause you to gain weight. I would love nothing more than to take the weight off, but you know even then there is something people aren't going to like about you.

I appreciate that for some it is just a matter of cutting calories and exercising more...I wish I was one of the people...but I still try anyway. ;)

This is just plain ignorance! That may well be true for some people, but for me, my doctors wish it were that easy. I can speak from experience there really are medical conditiond that prevent you from losing weight and cause you to gain weight. I would love nothing more than to take the weight off, but you know even then there is something people aren't going to like about you.

I appreciate that for some it is just a matter of cutting calories and exercising more...I wish I was one of the people...but I still try anyway. ;)

Don't let em get to ya, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and since none of them be holding me anytime soon, who gives a rat's patootie what they think? :D

“The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.”

and

"Those who mind, don't matter...Those who matter, don't mind..." (borrowed from someone on my RC)

Since I have yet to see a ship full of super models (either male or female), me thinks that "those who live in glass houses . . . " What's next, a thread about people wearing ugly clothing and how someone might be offended?

Also, before bashing others for the way they look, some might want to take a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg hard look in the mirror because remember "pretty is as pretty does" ;)

How funny that you should say all this. Earlier you made fun of skinny people. I'm underweight...always have been. I'm extremely self-conscious and never will sit by the pool in a bathing suit without a cover-up.

I read all these inspiring comments about people who have fun and don't care and it made me feel good but then your mean comment stuck in my head. :mad: I'm dying to try the slide on our next cruise but I know that once again, I won't have the nerve to do it because I'll have to take my cover-up off.

Thanks.

How funny that you should say all this. Earlier you made fun of skinny people. I'm underweight...always have been. I'm extremely self-conscious and never will sit by the pool in a bathing suit without a cover-up.

I read all these inspiring comments about people who have fun and don't care and it made me feel good but then your mean comment stuck in my head. :mad: I'm dying to try the slide on our next cruise but I know that once again, I won't have the nerve to do it because I'll have to take my cover-up off.

Thanks.

I appreciate you posting this. As someone that is very overweight (not by choice), you tend to think that thin people have it made. I am sorry that it seems you can be treated just as badly for the exact oposite reason. Hmmmmmm,,,I guess you really can't make everyone happy, oh well. I have such a low self-esteem to begin with that when I hear and read people being so rude and selfish it makes me crazy.

Thanks.

My MEAN comment? What? that zero is not a size ? AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA Right, all those people saying that fat people are gross and you choose MY "zero is not a size" to get your nickers in a wad over? Don't blame ME for you not wanting to try something, sounds like you have you own issues to deal with and that is so NOT my problem:cool:

I appreciate you posting this. As someone that is very overweight (not by choice), you tend to think that thin people have it made. I am sorry that it seems you can be treated just as badly for the exact oposite reason. Hmmmmmm,,,I guess you really can't make everyone happy, oh well. I have such a low self-esteem to begin with that when I hear and read people being so rude and selfish it makes me crazy.

Unless either one of you is a SUPER MODEL, I was NOT talking about YOU. I think you both just hate cats so you are being mean to me because my name is Catlady27, so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D

Way to go house hunter! I totally agree with you. It is hard to count calories and work out but it will keep you in normal weight range. I have done this my entire life. I watch people woofing food down!

Really?! Apparently not for everyone, we aren't all that lucky.

Unless either one of you is a SUPER MODEL, I was NOT talking about YOU. I think you both just hate cats so you are being mean to me because my name is Catlady27, so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D

What in the world are you talking about, no one was even talking to or about you, I certainly wasn't and you quoted me. BTW I do like cats, just happen to like dogs more ;) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What in the world are you talking about, no one was even talking to or about you, I certainly wasn't and you quoted me. BTW I do like cats, just happen to like dogs more ;) Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Read up a few posts and the one who (you quoted her and said you appreciated her saying that) was flaming me and said she was feeling good until she read "my mean post" and ALL I said was zero was not a size. I was not picking on skinny people just saying that I have yet to see a super model on a ship or a bunch of them anyway. Anywho, she got all bent and when you responded to her, I, well, okay, was feeling a bit put upon :) I love dogs too, we had labs when I was a kid,.

Archived