22 days on Oceania/Antartica.S America

alimerid

Has anyone cruised with the Oceania to South America and Antartica?I hear from Princess cruisers but not Oceania cruisers. We booked this trip for next January and are hoping that someone that has taken it will tell us about their experience. We were on the Nautica this January. Austrailia and New Zealand were wonderful.

Alimerid

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone cruised with the Oceania to South America and Antartica?I hear from Princess cruisers but not Oceania cruisers. We booked this trip for next January and are hoping that someone that has taken it will tell us about their experience. We were on the Nautica this January. Austrailia and New Zealand were wonderful.

Alimerid

I have not sailed with Oceania, but have sailed on a Rennaissance ship which they are operating now. You should be in good hands. Looks like you are doing kind of a horn cruise with Antarctica stop thrown in. I hope the Drake is kind to you.

Only 100 passengers allowed on a landing in Antarctica at one time.

This is probably a drive by without landings.

yup - drive by:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/southamerica/ins110114/default.aspx

have cruised with oceania many times. great cruise line. you will not be disappointed by anything on the ship. if you think that you will have an expedition event - you won't. just be happy with what you get. a really nice trip.

for a landing on the continent you need to do an expedition trip.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your 2006 synopsis of your South America trip. It was very helpful. Do you have contact info on your tour guide in Buenos Aires. We will start there for two days and then go to Rio to meet the ship. I thought that one day in Buenos Aires was not enough.

Alimerid

Thanks for your 2006 synopsis of your South America trip. It was very helpful. Do you have contact info on your tour guide in Buenos Aires. We will start there for two days and then go to Rio to meet the ship. I thought that one day in Buenos Aires was not enough.

Alimerid

Search through my cruise notes and you will find contact info for everyone we used. Or Bing "Defrantur" and you will find Ricardo.

Just did it! http://www.defrantur.com/ingles/

Archived