Back to back on Pride of America

Raison

We have the opportunity to do a B2B on the Pride of America in April 2011. The itinerary would be the same, does this sound like a silly idea?

From what I have read there would be heaps of things to do at each port. Any thoughts on this from those who have sailed on this ship or in Hawaii??

We have the opportunity to do a B2B on the Pride of America in April 2011. The itinerary would be the same, does this sound like a silly idea?

From what I have read there would be heaps of things to do at each port. Any thoughts on this from those who have sailed on this ship or in Hawaii??

We are doing back to backs in January 2011. In the past we've done 7 days Waikiki then a 7 day cruise. First, it's cheaper and second it actually gives you more time to relax. You don't have to rush to see as much as you can get in in a single cruise. We don't have any plans for the second week, we will play it by ear.

I have to disagree with the other replies . On the POA the weekly program simply repeats itself . Of course you could do different things on shore . Maybe you could switch your cabin location from one side of the ship to the other and get some different views , especially when the ship stays in port overnight .

I have to disagree with the other replies . On the POA the weekly program simply repeats itself . Of course you could do different things on shore . Maybe you could switch your cabin location from one side of the ship to the other and get some different views , especially when the ship stays in port overnight .

LOL, this will be 4th and 5th time on POAm. Never made it to any show. So I won't know if it repeats. Besides who goes on a Hawaii cruise for the shows. I'll survive having lobster tails twice in two weeks. Also it seems like we like reruns, look at our TV shows.

Great idea if you have the time and money! Your time in Oahu still might be a little short, the first and last day may be a little rushed getting to/from Hawaii and on/off ship so that would only leave the middle day as your only full day in Oahu. Depends on what you want to see/do.

• 2 weeks later...

We read somewhere that it was possible to get a cheaper fare for the second cruise if doing back to backs but this is incorrect (except for a small reduction in taxes). Just a heads up for anyone thinking about doing this.

Our plans so far are, flying to Honolulu - we leave on a Thursday night and arrive on the Thursday morning - gotta love the International Date line lol. We will have 8 nights in Honolulu, then board POA. At least one cruise and still deciding if we want to do the second cruise as well.

We would be staying in Hawaii somewhere for the second week anyway, so I think we will probably do the back to back. We will get maximum value from our airfares, hubby will get to play golf if we have a bit more time and there will be a bit of relaxing built in too.

Of course I have enough possible activities lined up to fill the whole 2 weeks on POA!

Archived