Jewel Suite Life

Kevin or anyone else. Any guidelines on tipping the butler and concierge? I believe they are not part of the tip added to our account. I suspect the butler is going to provide more services than the concierge. Especially if he is bringing breakfast and afternoon snacks at the minimum.

You nailed it right on the head! Very well put. I booked an AB Penthouse Suite on the Jade for E Med cruise last month. It will be hard to go back to a regular balcony cabin now. It was awesome! It was so comfortable for 3 people but could easily sleep 4 or 5. My mom , sister and I shared it and we did not get in each others way we all had our own space! And the cappuccino machine was such a nice treat to be able to make fresh coffeee every morning!!

Kevin or anyone else. Any guidelines on tipping the butler and concierge? I believe they are not part of the tip added to our account. I suspect the butler is going to provide more services than the concierge. Especially if he is bringing breakfast and afternoon snacks at the minimum.

Depends on how much you use their services but we went with a little over $10 pp for the concierge and $15 pp for our butler, I know they were worth more but i felt this was reasonable.

Thanks for the GREAT info! It's only making me more psyched that we upgraded to the Penthouse AB Suite. SO excited to experience the SWEET Suite Life!

Question: I've read that there is bottled water when you arrive in the suite. I know the the fruit and stuff is replenished - do they replenish the water too? I was going to bring water aboard but if it's one of the Suite perks, that's great!!

Thanks.

We were in the Owner's Suite on the Sun last October. The butler kept us well stocked with bottled water, fruit, and even a pitcher of cream for my coffee kept in an ice bucket which he refilled a couple of times a day. I had brought several bottles of Evian water to drink on the cruise but didn't need it.

Depends on how much you use their services but we went with a little over $10 pp for the concierge and $15 pp for our butler, I know they were worth more but i felt this was reasonable.

Thanks for your input. I guess I'll judge my tip based on how much I use each and how well they provide the requested service. Thanks again.

We were in the Owner's Suite on the Sun last October. The butler kept us well stocked with bottled water, fruit, and even a pitcher of cream for my coffee kept in an ice bucket which he refilled a couple of times a day. I had brought several bottles of Evian water to drink on the cruise but didn't need it.

Unlimited bottled water, soft drinks and sodas, and, of course, 3 or 6 bottles of liquor are only for the Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Garden Villas. AB Penthouses have one bottle of water included, but refills are at regular cost.

beachchick

Unlimited bottled water, soft drinks and sodas, and, of course, 3 or 6 bottles of liquor are only for the Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Garden Villas. AB Penthouses have one bottle of water included, but refills are at regular cost.

beachchick

Does an AD (Gem) get a bottle of water or any wine/sparkling wine? Just curious since Nov will be our first suite. :confused:

Does an AD (Gem) get a bottle of water or any wine/sparkling wine? Just curious since Nov will be our first suite. :confused:

Were in an AD in January on the Jade, and we received a bottle of water and a bottle of sparkling wine. It was our first suite too, and the overall experience was incredible (particularly breakfast at Cagney's).

Have a great time (and a happy birthday)! :)

Were in an AD in January on the Jade, and we received a bottle of water and a bottle of sparkling wine. It was our first suite too, and the overall experience was incredible (particularly breakfast at Cagney's).

Have a great time (and a happy birthday)! :)

Thank You! I can't wait. I know we are going to so-o-o-o-o spoiled.

Archived