Boarding Destiny Tomorrow!

dCota

Well, countdown is just about done!

We board Destiny tomorrow, and now the nervousness is hitting me hard.

The one thing I'm most concerned about is the fact that we're flying in on the day of the cruise --- not so much that, but the fact is that we arrive in Chicago from Indy at 6:00am, and the connecting flight to FLL leaves Chicago at 6:40..........SO, I'm a nervous wreck that we could miss our connecting flight. :(

I know, I know..........should have flown in the day before.......

I've already checked on other flights to FLL and Miami, so if worse comes to worst, we can catch another flight.

All in all, I think I'll be fine once I'm on the flight out of Chicago..........

I've gone through my "prep list" about 40 times in the past week --- passports, documentation, packing, etc., etc. --- but I'll probably go through it another 10 times before we head to the airport in the morning........;)

I really hope everything goes smoothly with our flights.........

Any suggestions as to how best to handle the worst-case scenario, should we miss our connecting flight? Also, any other pre-departure suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for all the helpful information on these boards! It has helped me immensely! :)

-dCota

Since you're nervous about missing your connecting flight, have specific alternate flights in mind in case it happens. Go to the airline's website and see what other flights are leaving the same day. As you stated, flying in the day before is a great idea and only adds about $125 (hotel) to the cost of the vacation.

How many times have you flown and had connecting flights and have missed that flight? That's about how much you should worry.

On another note, a couple of years ago we flew Northwest out of Indy with a connecting flight in Chicago. When we got to Indy's airport they told us that the flight would be 2 hrs late getting to Indy. But the airline assured us that we would not miss our connecting flight out of Chicago and we did not. We had to do nothing they were on top of everything.

We just got back from the Destiny. FWIW, We flew out of Chicago (ORD) to MIA and arrived early. We flew American and both my husband and I remarked it was the shortest amount of time from the time we were seated to the time we took off. Have a great flight and cruise!

Definitely have a backup plan - as mentioned print out a list of other flights/airlines that would get you there on time.

Also make sure you have airline toll free numbers and Carnival travel hotline number in case you have to use them! I was once delayed here in Ottawa and it soon became evident I would be missing my connection in Chicago. Instead of waiting til I got to Chicago to work this out - I called the 1-800 # and glad I did cuz I got the last seat on the later and last direct flight from Chicago to FLL (there was also bad weather in chicago - and when I got there I found HUGE LINES of people at the ticket counter - I was able to breeze by - get to the check in machines and print out a new boarding pass and off I went). Did not get to FLL til 11:30 pm (but at least I got there!).

Have a great cruise! Can you find out who's in the Piano bar? Please post a review when you come back. :)

Completed the 4-nt Carnival Destiny sailing this morning.

Piano Bar: Billy J Clay. No real comment/review other than to advise you won't have trouble finding a seat in there.

Completed the 4-nt Carnival Destiny sailing this morning.

Piano Bar: Billy J Clay. No real comment/review other than to advise you won't have trouble finding a seat in there.

uh oh

OP hope u made ur flight & come back & post pics:D

Archived