P & O formal nights

shadsy

Can someone please advise me on which nights the formal evenings are as I understand there are four on this cruse and does Oceana have a Black & White night included in the formal nights.

We are due to cruise on the Oceana (cruise EO13) around the Meditterean on 12th June.

Once again thanks to all the people giving good advice on this forum.

shadsy :confused:

Can someone please advise me on which nights the formal evenings are as I understand there are four on this cruse and does Oceana have a Black & White night included in the formal nights.

We are due to cruise on the Oceana (cruise EO13) around the Meditterean on 12th June.

Once again thanks to all the people giving good advice on this forum.

shadsy :confused:

If you have 4 formals, the first one will be on the 2nd evening. (The 1st evening is always smart-casual as every one is a little weary from travelling and haven't always unpacked properly and settled in.)

No's 2 and 3 formal night are usually on a sea day during the cruise, No2 in the first week no 3 in the 2nd week, and the 4th formal is usually the black and white formal night and is usually the last but one night. Hope that makes sence....again the final evening dinner will be casual to ease packing.

When you embark your cruise and go to your cabin to unpack your cases there will be paperwork waiting for you telling you exactly which night is formal.

All evenings are at the jurisdiction of the cruise director and can be changed to other dress codes. Check the ship's daily paper.

We have had the one off formal on a port day, if there are many ports on the cruise, and also smart casual upped to semi formal on an earlier than scheduled departure, to get in the proscribed number of dress codes for the cruise as a whole. It usually happens though on cruises longer than 2 weeks though.

Just back from 2 weeks mediterranean cruise on the Oceana. The 4 formal nights were all on at-sea days. If you are on the same itinerary they will be the 2nd day before Gibraltar, the 5th day between Cartagena and Civitavecchia. There are then 4 days in ports, one after the other with a sea day between Barcelona and Cadiz. That was the "black and white" night and the final one was the sea day after leaving Cadiz.

Archived