Help choosing a VD, VC or VB on Zuiderdam

skip323

I am in the process of booking a July 2011 Alaskan Cruise. I have been looking at different reviews but could definitely use some guidance! There will be 4 in the cabin (2 adults and 2 kiddos). If I understand correctly one difference is deck level and also the VD cabins have a slightly larger balcony (I think). Please correct me if I am wrong and let me know if there are other things that I am missing?

I have, by the way, been assigned (when pretending to book) VD 4155, VC 5003 and VB 6035.

Thank you!

I'm a fan of the upper promenade VD cabins which have balconies which are 7.5 feet deep instead of 6 feet deep. 4155 is as good as it gets in the VD cabins for 4.

There's really nothing wrong with either VC or VB cabins...except they don't have that extra 18 inches. Those inches don't sound like much, but make a huge difference if you want more than 2 on a balcony: #3 can sit on the table, and #4 can squeeze a stool/cabin chair out there?

We are going Quad next month on the Oosterdam. We choose 4167 (I think). We liked the extra deck space and being one flight of stairs to the promenade and a public bathroom.

We keep looking at upgrading to a suite but that price keeps getting in the way.;)

Thank you! As I was reading reviews the last couple of days it did seem like a lot of people liked the VD. I think sometimes it is easy to get sucked into the whole "more $$ means a better room" etc.

I appreciate the opinions!

Have you considered doind a VD guarantee? We were upgraded from a VD to a VA in February on the Noordam.
We've booked VD guarantees twice, and were upgraded to VA both times. One of these days I'm going to book a VD and specify "Do Not Upgrade", just to try one! :)

Aren't the guarantees generally for cabins that require less than 4 people?

Yes. You can not book triple or quad guarantees.

Hi,

We cruised aboard the Zuiderdam in December in a VD cabin (4129). This is not a four-person cabin, but I would recommend this area of the ship. We had the deeper balcony and the location was great (near the dining room and directly above the promenade).

Chuck

Archived