Rental car pickup

Is there a rental car pickup at the Miami pier' date=' or do you have to go to the airport?[/color']

PE

Are you meaning that you want to get a car after your cruise? We originally booked a rental through Hertz for after our cruise because we stayed the night in FLL, but cancelled it. It was my understanding that booking with them (and I'm sure several other companies) they pick you up in a shuttle at the pier and bring you to their rental office. You don't need to go to the airport. I remember seeing several 'shuttles' for rental companies I just don't remember off hand which ones. If there's a specific company you want to rent from just ask them - it was right on our online reservation when we booked I'm pretty sure! Hope that's the info you were looking for!

Renting a Car: At this point in time there are no car rental companies with offices at the pier proper. Nearly all will pick up and drop off at the port. Logistically it makes a great deal of sense to use an operator with facilities close to the port to avoid the traffic, crowds and hassle connected with going to the airport for car rentals. The major players, the location of the renting office, and their numbers to call for pick up and/or reservations are: Alamo/Airport/305-633-6076; Avis/Airport/305-341-0936; Budget/Sheraton Biscayne Bay Hotel (0.96 miles from port)/305-871-2722; Dollar/ Airport/866-434-2226; Enterprise/Radisson Hotel Miami Downtown (1.09 miles from port)/305-633-0377; Hertz/Hertz Downtown Miami, 354 SE First St. (1.96 miles from port)/786-425-2515*; National/Airport/305-638-1026; Thrifty/Airport/305-944-5110.

*Hertz has regular shuttle service from Port of Miami terminals to their rental office, every half-hour, Wednesday and Friday through Monday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Hope this helps

We have tried both ways. The first was with HERTZ picked it up at FLL (nightmere) the most disorganized, ever. Waited over 1hr to get the car, ran out of the car we ordered, and ended up the the QE-2 which ended up costing us 30$ more. The agent did not speak english well, charged us for insurance, and refused to rent without it, at that point he gave up and said yes, just to get out of there. When we tried to drop it off at the office near the pier to be shuttled to the pier it was a disaster again. There was no separate line to drop off and pickup, so you waited for someone to drop off before they could move to the guy that need a car. It took over an hour to go to the pier. NEVER Again.

Last year we rented from BUDGET they have a shuttle to and fro very efficent and cheaper. We dropped it off at BUDGET, shuttled back (free)to the airport and took the NCL shuttle to the ship. That was great we gave them our luggage at the airport and next saw it at our door.

This year we stayed at a hotel that had a free shuttle. We paid 25$ for the hotel shuttle to go to the port the next day. We took a taxi the evening before, and it still was cheaper than renting a car with less stress. Very simple.

One location services both MIA and the Port of Miami. They have shuttles to and from both locations.

I guess I should proof read my posts after I rewrite them...

Alamo Car Rental has one location that services both MIA and the POM.

Archived