No naming invitation...

Gerd

Hello all,

I just received from Hal an E-Mail concerning "Express Docs are now available" – by this time "only" for our first part of our cruise on board of the brand new MS Nieuw Amsterdam.

But unfortunately, and contrary what was predicted, there is nothing mention on the boarding pass about the naming ceremony, held by "Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of the Netherlands":confused:

I remember, that it was mentioned, that all passengers of the first sailing will are by default invited – which is a great and logical gesture.

Could please someone kinda figure out how HAL will proceed ?

Happy cruising

G E R D

Our marvelous cruises : :)

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

MS Volendam – Panama Canal – April 2008

MS Noordam – Mediterranean Enchantment – September 2009

136 days - 34'665 Nm :

3starMariner.gif

Future Cruise : :p

3+7 / 10-day Mediterranean Prelude & Inaugural Cruise :

3555772246558c9c770ebc7e38eba56d.png

12-day Mediterranean Empires :

a4ed661628a8d0b24f580e2daed576d0.png

Although I have no knowledge of how HAL will "work" the naming ceremony for the Nieuw Amsterdam, we did attend the naming ceremony for the Eurodam in 2008. We had to request the attendance through our travel agent, and we also pay a hefty additional charge for the privilege.

... and we also pay a hefty additional charge for the privilege.
But as Gerd said, there were rumors swirling that this time it would be different, and that all booked on the inaugural would be able to attend for free.

Gerd, I would give HAL's Ships Services (800-541-1576) or Guest Relations (800-599-8256) a call (will cost you some Euros from France to do so though) or, send them an e-mail requesting clarification. Bon chance/Viel Gluck!

Dear "Copper10-8"

hello John, thanks for your statement.

Transatlantic long distance call are very expensive, so could you please mention to me a valid E-Mail address and contact person in Seattle. You could sent it to me via E-Mail which one you find on my business card.

The "silence" from HAL about the naming ceremony is inappropriate with the official announcement about here god-mother.

With such kind of person like "Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima of the Netherlands" they cannot do just a kind of "quick and hidden" naming ceremony in the morning, fill up the ship with passengers, and kick the vessel into service.

I‘m also been on the naming ceremony from the MS Eurodam – and I do not expect such big event, but a bit of a certain activity with public I would like to see.

Happy cruising

G E R D

P.S.

====

John, I always like your avatars….;)

... we did attend the naming ceremony for the Eurodam in 2008 ... and we also pay a hefty additional charge for the privilege.
Ugh! Don't get me started! :) IIRC, there was not much in the way of advance directives for that ceremony, either, other than the time we were required to be seated. Never got any champagne or anything from the pre-event reception.

Gerd, try this for HAL's international sales office in France/Germany/Luxemburg:

France/Monaco

Cruisenfly

44 rue Grimaldi

MC 98000 MONACO

Phone: +377 (97) 70 25 60

Fax: +377 97 70 25 65

Email: croisieres@cruisenfly.com

Germany

UC Unlimited Cruises GmbH & Co. KG

Verdener Str. 2

27243 Harpstedt

Germany

Phone: 49 4244 966259

Email: info@unlimited-cruises.com

Luxembourg and Belgium

Silverblue

Plaslaar34

B-2500 Lier

Phone: 32 3 491 04 59

Email: info@silverblue.be

Gerd, I would give HAL's Ships Services (800-541-1576) or Guest Relations (800-599-8256) a call (will cost you some Euros from France to do so though) or, send them an e-mail requesting clarification. Bon chance/Viel Gluck!

I can definitely say for certain that the Guest Relations department wouldn't have this information. They handle past-cruises and cruise cancellation questions. This cruise is in the future. :)

We are from the UK and also attended the naming ceremony of the Eurodam in Rotterdam in 2008. It was very difficult to get tickets. Initially we were told that only American passengers, not Europeans, were allowed to go.

Eventually, having no luck with our TA, who could not persuade HAL's UK office that we were eligible to attend I personally phoned HAL in Seattle and persuaded them to email HAL in the UK stating we could purchase tickets (at vast expense!!). We arrived at the time we had been given - no champagne to be seen anywhere. The ceremony itself was enjoyable and we were glad we persevered, but the organisation from start to finish was seriously unimpressive, especially as we had paid to be there. We certainly didn't feel like valued passengers.

Hope it all works out well for you.

We are from the UK and also attended the naming ceremony of the Eurodam in Rotterdam in 2008. It was very difficult to get tickets. Initially we were told that only American passengers, not Europeans, were allowed to go.

Eventually, having no luck with our TA, who could not persuade HAL's UK office that we were eligible to attend I personally phoned HAL in Seattle and persuaded them to email HAL in the UK stating we could purchase tickets (at vast expense!!). We arrived at the time we had been given - no champagne to be seen anywhere. The ceremony itself was enjoyable and we were glad we persevered, but the organisation from start to finish was seriously unimpressive, especially as we had paid to be there. We certainly didn't feel like valued passengers.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Thanks again for setting up the Euromast dinner in Rotterdam after the ceremony, Silverwing! Had a great time chatting with you and your husband and reliving some of his Royal Navy adventures:)

Hello all,

thanks for all of your proposals, here is the outcome about it :

because the NL – De – Fr folks are "just" a general agency, they do not have the power to look for.

So I did indeed the expensive call to Seattle….

And the result is poor !!

They do not know, or they do not want to tell what is going on that date.

So I take it like a piece of poker - look and wait about the surprise HAL has foreseen.

I cannot wait more then 1 month and 16 days to set sail for 22 days on this brand new vessel.:(

Happy cruising to everybody

G E R D

Our marvelous cruises : :)

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007