Excursion Advise Please!

I am sailing on the Valor September 5 to the Western Caribbean stopping at Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. I am wondering, is it better to book an excursion prior to my cruise or while on board? Should I book it with Carnival or a local vender? If I book an excursion with a local vender, any suggestion on who?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! And thank you in advance!

Well, who you book through is up to you. You want to book ahead of time to make sure you get the tour you want, if you wait until you are on board don't get upset if the one you want is sold out. And obviously if you book NOT though the ship you'd want to do that well ahead of time as well.

I'm not sure, but I think this is your first cruise? If so, I would book through Carnival before your cruise. Until you've done this a couple of times, you will have enough to worry about. I'm sure the cruise lines make money when you book through them, but it is easier (and this is your vacation). Unless there is something you really want to do that they just do not offer, keep it simple.

Just off the Conquest to W. Carribean. Booked 2 prior and 1 onboard. I think the price went up for the onboard one. Did Stingray City and Rumpoint Beach in Grand Caymon and Xcaret to the mainland in Cozumel.

100_2959.jpg.846d440139091f9f47a12a7183468a4f.jpg

May I suggest going to the "Ports of Call" section of this forum for each stop. There will be a wealth of info for each of these ports as to what to do and not to do.

Just bear in mind... If you book with Carnival and the return runs late they will likely wait on you at the dock, and if not they will make arrangemeents for you to get back on the ship. If you book independent... its your problem to get back.

Archived