Godfrey's website?

mbw1024

We took Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas - it was amazing and well worth the $.

I Second that!!!! It is more than worth twice what he is charging!!!!

We just did this two weeks ago... and was the best tour I have ever been on.

He picked us up at the Ship (he will ask what time (on the hour) you would like to be picked up). We chose 10:00 AM. He drove us to the shopping area downtown (talking about the island on the way) and droped us off.

Some of our relatives walked to town (about an hour each way).

After we finished shopping, we all got back on the bus (which is open on the sides)... He drove us up the mountain (Not the one with the lift that only goes to 700 ft, but the the big one that is around 1,400 feet. He stopped at a 3 lookout areas one on the south side, one at the very top (where there are shops and food) and then one more on the north side (Drakes seat). He gives lots of details on the Island and huricanes and points out a number of homes that still have not been re-built (and why). He also talked about the fact that there is no (zero) natural fresh water on the Island, and that all homes have sisterns (sic).

After the last seanic stop... he asked which of 3 beaches you would like to go to. On our tour, a number of people wanted to go to sapphire and we wanted to go to coki beach (we had brought are own snorkaling gear). He droped us off at coki, and took the rest to sapphire.

He will also lock up anything you don't want to take to the beach (any thing you purchased) in the cab of the truck,

He gave us a little over 2 hours at the beach and picked us up and took us back to the ship.

As for Coki beach... it was as advertised (crystal clear!!!!) it was without a doubt, the best snorkeling we have EVER encounterd. The water was amazing and hundreeds of fish right off the beach (not to mention, a few urcheans in the coral).

It was not overcrowded, and clean. I felt very comfortable (and even too a 30 minute nap on the beach :D)

After we described our day, the rest of our family wished that they had joined us.

that sounds great. and just like something we would want to do. did you have lunch at the beach?

I bought snorkel stuff for my last cruise but then we ended up not going to Grand Cayman due to the hurricanes. I used the gear a little in Cozumel but not much to see. Is the beach you went to ok for a novice? would I need fins?

sounds like a great day. I sent through an inquiry on the website but no word back yet. I'm not going until October so plenty of time for planning :D

mary beth

that sounds great. and just like something we would want to do. did you have lunch at the beach?

I bought snorkel stuff for my last cruise but then we ended up not going to Grand Cayman due to the hurricanes. I used the gear a little in Cozumel but not much to see. Is the beach you went to ok for a novice? would I need fins?

sounds like a great day. I sent through an inquiry on the website but no word back yet. I'm not going until October so plenty of time for planning :D

mary beth

We ate at the top of the mountain... there was a food stand and I had a hot dog. It was quick and good... and was just enough before snorkeling.

We did not have fins, and you don't need them here. Even someone who does not swim can walk out waist deap and see tons of fish.

It took a few days after I submited on the website before I got anything. I was impressed as he sent a e-mail to us wishing us a good holiday at Christmas and New Years.

I took a pin from my home town, and gave it to him in addition to a tip.

Hi, I have a few questions.

Did they have snorkel gear at the beach to rent?

How long did you shop for? (Does he ask you or is there a set time?)

How full was this excursion?

How long did the entire trip take?

TIA

We bought our own snorkel gear prior to the cruise. I found a sporting goods store that had been recently been purchased and they were half price. I purchased 'dry snorkals' which let in very little water, even when you dive beneth the surface.

There is the a place right there on the beach... http://www.cokidive.com/cruise_pax.htm to rent items as well.

As for time to shop... We left the shoping area at noon. So it depends on what time you want to be picked up at the port. We got picked up at 10:00, which gave us just under 2 hours. We could have had him pick us up earlier.

I think there were 12 of us, all were cruise critic members :D, and it was not crowded.

He picked us up at for us 10:00 - 4:00... so 6 hours total.

P.S. they also sell dog biscuits on the beach to feed the fish if you want. I didn't purchase any, but some people did and they had hundreeds of fish surrounding them. There are lots of people who are concerned with this practice (and many are vocal on this board about it). You can make your own mind up... just passing on the info.

Don't forget to save room for the Bananna Dacqueri at the Mountain Top, too. They are the best! Perfect to sip them while enjoying the view of Megan's Bay from 1400 ft. up.

Godfrey is sensational! You can choose 9am, 10am, or 11am if I'm not mistaken for pick up times to go downtown shopping. We chose the latest time and were the only ones then- we just aren't shoppers....I found that most of the clothing items we purchased were about $3 cheaper in Dominica the next day of our cruise. It may not be that way all the time though.

I agree with you. We just aren't big shoppers either and I kinda thought 3 hours for shopping was way to long. We emailed him and I know we'll have fun no matter what. The picture of the view from the mountain top (from his website) was SPECTACULAR. I hope we can get pics like that.

We took Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas - it was amazing and well worth the $.

I just confirmed with Godfrey for our St. Thomas stop on our cruise in 2 weeks. If it wasnt for this board I wouldnt have found out about it. I've heard nothing but good things, so will certainly post a review when we return.

I agree with you. We just aren't big shoppers either and I kinda thought 3 hours for shopping was way to long. We emailed him and I know we'll have fun no matter what. The picture of the view from the mountain top (from his website) was SPECTACULAR. I hope we can get pics like that.

I wish I could have.... I had just purchased a new camera body prior to the cruise as my old one was having some 'technical dificulties'. I am so used to imediatly puting film in when I run out, that when I got to St. Thomas it never occoured to me to load film.

I took (at least I thought I took) some great pictures. I didn't realize there was no film until just before we sailed out of the harbor in St. Thomas :eek::mad:.

At least the pictures from my disposable underwater camera came out just fine!

I'm sorry about your pic. :( That's disapointing.

I emailed him yesterday. I read it sometimes takes a few days for him to get back to you.

How long has it taken for him to get back to everryone?

What dat are you confirmed for in 2 weeks? We are there Feb. 22.

I'm sorry about your pic. :( That's disapointing.

I emailed him yesterday. I read it sometimes takes a few days for him to get back to you.

How long has it taken for him to get back to everryone?

What dat are you confirmed for in 2 weeks? We are there Feb. 22.

Oh well... I still have the memories :D.

I took lots the rest of the cruise (4 rolls + the underwater). I am scanning them in right now.

It took a couple of days... before I got a responce.

It took about a day for his first response. He asked what time we would like to be picked up at the ship at. On the e mail back I asked for a confirmation that he would be ther but no e mail back from that. (I just like to make sure)

That was about 3 days ago.

Hi, I emailed Godfrey about 12 days ago. It took 2 to 3 days to acknowledge my email. I answered that email and then it took a good week for him to send me back a confirmation of my booking him. We are going in September and I was afraid I was going to be too early to book, but now I am glad that I did.

He was very cordial in his emails.

Pat

Archived