Liberty or Valor??

calibird

I'm booking a May 2011 cruise for my husband and I. Probably Eastern Caribbean on either the Liberty or Valor.

Any significant differences? Same itineraries. Liberty is slightly more $$$$$ , but not enough to make a big difference in choice.

I've cruised on the Sensation and the Triumph. I really liked the Triumph. The Sensation was my first cruise and of course I loved it at the time but liked the Triumph more.

Any input would be appreciated as I want to book soon to take advantage of an early saver rate.:confused:

I have been on both, loved them both! Same layout. I think I slightly liked the decor on the Valor, but only just slightly. I would say go with price/itinerary, but you cant go wrong with either ship.:)

I have to agree with the others above. Sailed on both, and don't think there's much difference. I'd probably do Valor myself, as I'm pretty much patriotic, and the Valor decor is "over the top" with that. You won't go wrong with either in my opinion.

"SKY"

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning to go on the Eastern Carib. My wife and I have been on the Liberty about a year and a half ago and are thinking about taking the Valor this time. Both the Valor and Liberty do the same itinerary out of Miami. Is the layout exactly the same such as around the pool area? Are the shows different? Mexican station or asian station? Any other differences that we may find?

Thanks for all your help!

Both ships are identical, except for the decor. Having sailed on both, you really can't go wrong with either, so decide based on the price & itinerary. We loved BOTH. You'll have a great time whichever you choose.

Happy cruising!

Both ships are identical, except for the decor. Having sailed on both, you really can't go wrong with either, so decide based on the price & itinerary. We loved BOTH. You'll have a great time whichever you choose.

Happy cruising!

Not identical..... The hot tubs on Lido are right next to the pool on Valor and pushed back next to the stadium seating on Liberty. It makes the pool area on Liberty seem bigger. I like the decor of the Liberty better as well. Seemed more elegant to me.

I thought I was imagining things when I saw that Valor and Liberty had the exact same iten and both left from Miami. We are planning on sailing Eastern Car next June and have narrowed it down to these two ships. Do both have the burrito bar? Either one more "teen friendly" than the other?

I thought I was imagining things when I saw that Valor and Liberty had the exact same iten and both left from Miami. We are planning on sailing Eastern Car next June and have narrowed it down to these two ships. Do both have the burrito bar? Either one more "teen friendly" than the other?

Funny you should mention the burrito bar. I chose the Valor for a May 1st Caribbean cruise because I knew it has a burrito bar. Don't know if the Liberty does.

I've sailed on both ships, and prefer the Valor. I love the decoration and shows a lot more on that ship. The Valor is a year older than the Liberty.

Agreed. I too sailed these two ships my last two cruises. I definitely preferred the Valor over the Liberty for nearly all decoration. The one thing I liked more about the Liberty is the overhead changing-color lights. Very nice!

Also, do either ship have "Your time dining"? Or if they don't have it now, will they have it next summer?

I jusst booked the Valor for May 22,2011 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean and signed up for "Anytime Dining".

Archived