NCL vs RCL, and a question.

. What should I expect on a NCL ship?

Thanks! :)

you can expect on NCL...RELAXED LAID-BACK STRESS FREE....FREE~STYLE cruise...i am sure you will LOVE it...if you LOVE that type of thing:D

only thing i found different that we liked better on RCL was that there were MORE activities to actually do on the ship...but when we sailed on our RCL-Hawaii...the winds were bad and the rock-climbing wall was closed down and it was to windy to play mini-golf...but as you can see from my CRUISE siggy we PREFER FREE~STYLE:)

you can expect on NCL...RELAXED LAID-BACK STRESS FREE....FREE~STYLE cruise...i am sure you will LOVE it...if you LOVE that type of thing:D

only thing i found different that we liked better on RCL was that there were MORE activities to actually do on the ship...but when we sailed on our RCL-Hawaii...the winds were bad and the rock-climbing wall was closed down and it was to windy to play mini-golf...but as you can see from my CRUISE siggy we PREFER FREE~STYLE:)

Thanks for your response. :) We did enjoy our Royal Caribbean cruise. We went on the Independence of the Seas, where they have the flowrider, which was cool. But honestly, we don't have children, and we didn't really do much other than relax, swim, and munch. :D It sounds like the Flowrider might be the only thing I'll be missing.

Price adjustments. Before if you booked a year ahead of time, you could get a price adjustment if the rate went down. Now, you're locked in after 48 hours. :(

Are you serious? Do you have an article or RCL's page that states this policy? We were just on RCL's Voyager of the Seas in November and they were still doing price adjustments then. If this is true, that is horrible! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! Seeing as RCL just banned them, I was wondering whether NCL allowed price adjustments on bookings. Also, how would you compare the two lines. What should I expect on a NCL ship?

The food is ok on NCL...they have a 24-hr cafe which has mediocre (not so great) food. RC has a much better buffet and more activities.

I told my hubby that I would prefer RC or Princess for our next cruise.

Hi! Seeing as RCL just banned them, I was wondering whether NCL allowed price adjustments on bookings. Also, how would you compare the two lines. What should I expect on a NCL ship?

Before final payment due date, yes, NCL will adjust if you ask, afterwards, no..As for how they compare, this is a matter of opinion. I am a big NCL fan and am not fond of RCI. In fact it is one cruise line we will probably never cruise again. Not that we hate them, but we have so many choices and so little time. We will stick with NCL, Princess and HAL.

We all know there is very little difference in the mass marketed lines, we just like the service on NCL and the entire attitude a little better. Plus the food choices are so superior and we think the food in the MDRs are about the same.

Nita

The food is ok on NCL...they have a 24-hr cafe which has mediocre (not so great) food. RC has a much better buffet and more activities.

I told my hubby that I would prefer RC or Princess for our next cruise.

this shows how subjective food is, we much prefer the buffets on NCL to RCI or Princess. We didn't think we would ever find a buffet that we liked as well as HAL, but NCL is as good in our estimation. RCI might win out on the activities. That is where NCL is falling down a little I think. The Blue Lagoon isn't excepted to be really good, it is a quick 24/7 diner and a place to grab a snack. The fish and chips and wings are great, so is the soup. Otherwise it is so/so. I don't think RCI has anyplace that is any better or as good for that matter.

Nita

Are you serious? Do you have an article or RCL's page that states this policy? We were just on RCL's Voyager of the Seas in November and they were still doing price adjustments then. If this is true, that is horrible! :eek:

There is a little more to it than that, but basically they have cracked down on price adjustments. This just happened a couple of weeks ago..

Nita

Archived